Chapter 11 - Battle Training, Deku vs Kacchan!

I couldn't help but feel bad for my teacher as he was pelted with a stream of questions.

"I... I'll answer all of your questions!!" All Might pulls out a booklette, 'A script?'

A quick explanation of the training shoots out of his mouth, and I'm reminded of a western game.

"And the teams shall be decided by drawing lots!"
"Is that really the best option!?" Iida stiffly asks at my right, looking cool in his armor, "Well, in the real world heroes have very little say in who they team up with in any given scenario so, this would be the best."
"Ah, I'm sorry for getting ahead of myself!" Iida bows and Kumo snickers at my left, which earns him a small elbow jab.

"It's alright, lets just get this going!!" All Might pumps a fist in the air.

Teams:
A- Izuku & Iida
B- Todoroki & Shoji
C- Yaoyorozu & Hagakure
D- Bakugo & Uraraka
E- Ashido & Aoyama
F- Koda & Sato
G- Kaminari & Kyoka
H- Tokoyame & Asui
I- Kirishima & Mikumo
J- Sero & Ojiro

"I have a great feeling we will be a great team, Deku-kun." Iida says with a small bow. "A-ah, yeah! I-I believe we w-will also!"

"Alright!! The first battle will be between," All Might yells out once everyone is in their pairs, he reaches into the two boxes beside him that are labelled 'Hero' and 'Villain' "A team as the heroes!!" He shouts as he raises a white ball with 'A' painted on. "And D team as the villains!!" He shouts as he raises a grey ball.

Me and Kacchan look at eachother, and he scowls. I stare into his eyes and flash him a determined smile.

"The villain team goes in first! In five minutes the hero team can sneak in, and the timer will start. The rest of us will be watching via CCTV!" He then looks towards Uraraka and Kacchan, "Uraraka. Bakugo. You two need to adopt a villain mindset! This is practical experience, so go all out. Don't hold back! Though I will stop you if you take things too far..."

They both head inside the building, Kacchan radiating immense rage as he passes me.

Iida and I lean against the railing on the sidewalk, both intently studying the floor plan of the building.
"Deku-kun," he starts with a formal tone, "Why is it that Bakugo-kun seems to be against your entire existence?" I sputter at his choice of words, "Ah, should I not have asked?" He looks at me worriedly. "N-no, its f-fine Iida-kun!" I cough a few times and then look at the taller boy, "W-well, I was a late bloomer. V-very late b-bloomer. Like, just last s-summer late b-bloomer." He looks shocked as I continue, "a-and, because of that I-I-I was considered q-quirkless for a l-long time, e-even though I showed a-a-all the signs of g-getting a quirk. Q-quirkless people a-aren't treated th-the best, K-kacchan become m-my biggest b-bully. S-strong prey o-on the weak. My brother protected m-me though." I sigh softly and look to Iida, "I-i think he may tr-try to go for me a-alone to prove h-he is still stronger." He nods and points to a part of the floor plan, "I believe this is the safest bet on where the bomb will be," I nod in agreement, "so while you distract Bakugo-kun, I shall make my way there to face Uraraka-chan." "She p-probably has a lot of loose objects to use her quirk on." I try to control the stutter in my voice, not wanting every time I talk to take a minute longer than it has to. He nods, just as All Might announces us going in.

We hop into an open window on the first floor and slowly make our way to the staircase. Kacchan is likely to be on the third floor, which proves so far to be the case as we make it through the second floor with no issues. Halfway through the third floor is when I start smelling Nitroglycerin. "Iida!" I jump back and push Iida with me as Kacchan blasts around the corner with his palm out.

A massive explosion hits the wall, I turn towards the smoke in a fighting stance, "Are you ok, Iida-kun?" "Yes, are you?" I nod in response and watch as Kacchan clears the smoke with a swipe of his arm. "Nice dodge, but I'd prefer you fight me like a man instead of running." I let the power roll through me, my skin getting brighter than dulling again as green lightning dances around my body. "Go Iida." I quietly say to my teammate. I hear him run off behind me and Kacchan snears, "Telling him to leave so he doesn't see how weak you really are?" I decide to channel that bit of Kumo in me and shoot back with a smile, "No, I just thought you wouldn't want one more person to see you get humiliated." 'That was too easy to say... Oh god I'm becoming my brother!!' Kacchan growls and blasts himself at me, "THE FUCK YOU SAY!?"