ϝσυɾ.

♦︎♦︎♦︎

♦︎♦︎♦︎

November 6, 1993

The bleak and rainy month of November had finally approached, and today especially was one of the worst days of weather Willa had ever seen. And yet, the first Quidditch game of the season was still going ahead. It was supposed to be Gryffindor against Slytherin but for some reason Slytherin's Seeker Draco Malfoy was unable to play - which Willa thought was an absolute load of bollocks - but now it was Gryffindor against Hufflepuff.

All week Cedric had been going on about how nervous he was and Willa almost always slapped him upside the head for being stupid, and reassured him each time that he had nothing to be nervous about.

She made her way down to the Quidditch pitch with the rest of the students and sat with her house, cursing quietly at the wind and rain which was getting on her nerves.

The game soon began, and Willa cheered when she spotted Cedric zooming past. He slowed down and waved at her and the rest of his house, and they cheered even louder for him when he zoomed off.

As the game went on, the rain and wind just got heavier and Willa's mood had become significantly more sour. Hufflepuff were losing by at least a hundred points and the only way they had a chance at winning, was if Cedric caught the Snitch. Willa doubted this as there were a few obstacles in his way. One of those being Gryffindor's star Quidditch player, Harry Potter. But, she hoped for her best friend's sake that Harry would somehow miss the snitch and Cedric would catch it instead.

And as soon as the thought entered her mind, both Harry and Cedric seemed to have spotted the Snitch and raced off up into the sky after it. Willa squinted as her eyes followed the two boys and her heart was beating fast against her chest.

Nothing happened for a few minutes and the crowd started to whisper in a mix of confusion and nervousness, until something appeared out the sky and the crowd cheered again. Willa didn't join in as she realised it was Harry who was falling fast towards the ground, clearly unconscious. Dumbledore ran onto the pitch, faster than she'd ever seen him run before (actually she'd never seen him run before), and he cast a spell, stopping Harry from falling. The crowd gasped and Willa couldn't see any sign of Cedric.

The thunder was still loud and drowning out conversations from people around her as a few teachers, including Madam Hooch, rushed over to Harry and carried him away back up the castle. Madam Hooch stayed behind to round up the other players.

When Cedric finally zoomed into view, with the Snitch in hand, Willa released a breath she didn't know she was holding. She ran out of the stands and down to the pitch.

"Ced!" She shouted, running towards Cedric. As the team dispersed, she engulfed him in a hug. She didn't care that either of them were soaked from the rain, she was just glad he was okay. Cedric was taken aback at first but returned the hug.