ɳιɳҽƚҽҽɳ.

♦︎♦︎♦︎

♦︎♦︎♦︎

March 6, 1995:

Willa always looked forward to her birthdays as a child, because she got to spend them with her family, then when she started attending Hogwarts - she loved her birthdays even more because they were just a little extra magical.

And today, she was turning the ripe old age of seventeen.

Willa's eyes opened and she forced herself out of bed. She changed into a pair of jeans and a blue t-shirt, pulling her Hufflepuff jumper over the top and slipped on her shoes.

Today was another Hogsmeade weekend and she was looking forward to treating herself to her favourite ice creams from Florean Fortescue's. And more importantly, she was looking forward to spending the day with Cedric.

She exited the common room and made her way up to the Great Hall for breakfast.

Despite the fact that Rita Skeeter wrote about her, Willa wasn't bothered by it anymore. She knew none of it was true. At first, she worried what people would think about her relation to the Malfoy's and if they'd start asking questions, but nobody seemed too bothered by that fact. They all seemed too busy wondering if Willa had any ulterior motives to steal Cedric's popularity and so on. She couldn't believe the level of thickness some people had if they believed a word of what Skeeter wrote. And she couldn't believe people actually cared enough about that kind of drama.

She spotted Cedric who was already sitting at the Hufflepuff table and sat down next to him.

"Ah, the birthday girl finally decided to roll out of bed." He said.

"Morning to you too." She replied, butter herself a piece of toast.

"I have something to show you..."

Cedric grabbed her hand and before she even finished one mouthful of her toast, he dragged her out of the Great Hall and all the way down to the kitchens. He tickled the pear and opened the door.

Willa's eyes widened at the sight before her.

On the table were plates of sweets, stacks of pancakes with maple syrup covering them, and bacon and eggs. And a huge banner with the words HAPPEE BIRTHDAE WILLAH! in big letters on it hung above the table. A few house elves were running around putting out more plates of delicious foods.

Seemingly, the unfinished toast didn't matter anymore.

Willa smiled so wide it hurt her face. She looked over at Cedric who was standing in front of her holding a party hat in his hand, and wearing one on his head. He put the other hat on her head and she laughed.

"You did all this for me?" Willa asked, sitting down at the table.

Cedric sat beside her and smiled. "You deserve it."

She felt her cheeks heat up. "Thank you."

"This is for you." He handed her a rectangular black box. "I meant to give it to you at Christmas but there was too much going on, and I went with chocolates on Valentines Day, so I decided to just save it for your birthday."

Willa opened it and a small gasp escaped her lips.

A silver necklace with a heart shaped charm was inside.

"Check the back of the heart." Ced told her.

She turned over the heart and saw an engraving on it.

29.8.89

Willa furrowed her eyebrows. "What's the date for?"

"The day we met, remember? In Ollivander's?"

"Oh yeah, I remember. You were the first friend I made."

Cedric smiled and helped Willa put the necklace on.

"Thank you, Ced. It's beautiful." She said.

"You're welcome." He replied, placing a kiss on her lips.

A tiny house elf suddenly appeared in front of them holding a chocolate cupcake on a plate, with a single candle in it.

"Dobby is here to wish Miss Tonks a happy birthday." He squeaked excitedly. "Dobby heard from the other elves that Mr Diggory was having party and Dobby loves parties. What an honour it is to meet you, Willa Tonks!"

Willa giggled at the elf and took the cupcake from him. "Thank you, Dobby. You're a friend of Harry, Hermione and Ron's, aren't you?"

Dobby's face lit up. "Dobby is great friends with Harry Potter and his friends! Harry Potter freed Dobby from his masters and Dobby is very grateful to Harry Potter." He said enthusiastically.

"Harry is quite the hero isn't he." She chuckled. "We're going to Hogsmeade today so we have to eat quick, but you're welcome to have some food, Dobby."

"Miss Tonks is very kind to Dobby! But we elves are not supposed to eat the food, we only supposed to serve it."

Willa leaned closer to him and smirked. "I won't tell if you won't." She winked.

"Dobby would be delighted to eat with Miss Tonks and Mr Diggory."

"Wonderful."

Willa pulled out her wand and waved it. Another party hat appeared in her hand and she gently placed it onto Dobby's head, his little elf ears sticking out the sides. She thought it looked adorable.

"You've got to have one too, or it's not a proper party."

The three ate for the next ten minutes; Willa and Cedric bid Dobby goodbye when they finished, the food vanished from the table and the banner disappeared, along with their party hats, and the two made their way back up to the Entrance Hall.

There, they joined the rest of the students just in time who were getting ready to leave for Hogsmeade.

"So where do you want to go to first?" Cedric asked as they arrived in the village.

"Hmm. Madam Putifoot's? I could really go for some tea." Willa suggested.

He grinned. "You know what? Me too."

Willa grinned, placed a kiss on his lips and together the two walked to the tea shop.

♦︎♦︎♦︎

So big time jump after this chapter, there wasn't really much else I could fill in between this chap & the task so I just went straight to that.
Anyways, next few chapters are gonna be...emotional rollercoasters...

(Only 3 left after this 🥺)