ƚɯҽɳƚყ.

♦︎♦︎♦︎

♦︎♦︎♦︎

June 24, 1995:

The month of June flew by quicker than Willa could say 'Expelliarmus' and before she knew it, her end of year exams were approaching and so was the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament. She'd been studying so much in recent months that it hurt to think about anything else, and she barely had any time to herself. Emotions were still running high - especially in Hufflepuff - as the third task drew near, and whenever Willa wasn't studying for her exams, she was helping Cedric prepare for the task.

It wasn't like he needed her help though. He was the smartest person she knew, and she didn't doubt he wouldn't know how to handle himself – and in a maze of all places – but she still wanted to help him. It was the only way they were able to spend time alone now. Of course, Willa was beyond nervous for the third task. She wanted Cedric to win so desperately, and even though she would be proud either way - she knew how much winning the tournament would mean to him.

At breakfast on the morning of the task, Professor McGonagall had informed Cedric that his parents were waiting for him with the other champions' families in the chamber, off to the side of the Hall.

"I would come say hi to your parents but I'll be late for my Ancient Runes exam." Willa said after McGonagall left.

"I'll tell them you said hello." Cedric smiled.

Willa stood up and kissed his cheek. "See you later."

She waved goodbye and exited the Great Hall, making her way to her exam.

♦︎♦︎♦︎

"Ladies and gentlemen, in five minutes time I will be asking you to make your way down to the Quidditch pitch for the third and last task of the Triwizard Tournament." Dumbledore said as the evening feast drew to an end. "Will the champions please follow Mr Bagman down to the stadium now."

Willa, and the rest of the Hufflepuff waved and applauded as Cedric exited with Fleur, Krum and Harry.

Five minutes passed, and Willa walked with Fred, George, Ron and Hermione down to the pitch and took their seats in the stands. They sat with Mrs Weasley, and Bill - the eldest of the Weasley children, whom Willa hadn't met before.

She quickly ran over to Ced and hugged him. He was slightly taken aback in surprise, but nonetheless hugged her back.

"What was that for?" He chuckled, pulling out of the embrace.

"I just wanted one last hug before you go in." She said. "Be safe in there, okay?"

Cedric rolled his eyes playfully. "I'll be fine, Willa. Stop worrying."

"I'm your girlfriend, it's my job to worry."

He chuckled. "I love you."

"Love you too. See you soon."