ɳιɳҽ.

♦︎♦︎♦︎

♦︎♦︎♦︎

October 30, 1994:

"The moment has come, the Triwizard Tournament is about to start. I would like to say a few words of explanation before we bring in the casket." Dumbledore said, smiling at the sea of students sitting before him.

"Firstly, let me introduce, for those who do not know them, Mr Bartemius Crouch, Head of the Department of International Magical Co-operation," Dumbledore said, and there was a small amount of applause. "And Mr Ludo Bagman, Head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports." A much louder applause filled the room, Willa assumed it was because Mr Bagman looked more likeable than Mr Crouch.

More like Mr Grouch...

"Mr Bagman and Mr Crouch have worked tirelessly over the last few months on the arrangements for the Triwizard Tournament." Professor Dumbledore continued, "and they will be joining myself, Professor Karkaroff and Madame Maxime on the panel which will judge the champions' efforts."

There was a silence, which Dumbledore seemed to assume was a good thing, and he instructed Mr Filch to open the so called casket. Filch approached the Headmaster carrying a wooden chest with jewels all over it, and placed it carefully on the table before him. Students murmured excitedly and Cedric sent Willa a look of pure enthusiasm, which she returned with an equally impressed look.

Dumbledore began explaining the Triwizard Tournament, but in much more detail than he'd done previously. "As you know, three champions compete in the Tournament. One from each of the participating schools. They will be marked on how well they perform each of the Tournament tasks and the champion with the highest total after task three will win the Triwizard Cup. The champions will be chosen by an impartial selector...the Goblet of Fire."

Dumbledore tapped his wand three times and opened the casket, pulling out a large, wooden cup; the brim of it surrounded by blue-white flames. He placed the Goblet carefully on top of the closed casket and Willa stared at it in awe.

"Anybody wishing to submit themselves as a champion must write their name and school clearly on a slip of parchment, and drop it into the Goblet." Dumbledore continued, "Aspiring champions have twenty-four hours in which to put their names forward. Tomorrow night, Halloween, the Goblet will return the names of the three it has judged most worthy to represent their schools."

Willa smiled to herself at this. She knew Cedric was going to enter, and hoped that this Goblet was smart enough to pick him to represent Hogwarts. She knew how much this meant to Ced, and to Hufflepuff, and she was confident that he would be chosen tomorrow night.

"To ensure that no underage student yields to temptation, I will be drawing an Age Line around the Goblet of Fire once it has been placed in the Entrance Hall. Nobody under the age of seventeen will be able to cross this line." Dumbledore said.