ҽιɠԋƚҽҽɳ.

♦︎♦︎♦︎

♦︎♦︎♦︎

March 5, 1995:

HARRY POTTER'S SECRET HEARTACHE

Willa sat on the couch in the common room, and flipped through the pages in Witch Weekly, ignoring the absurd story about Harry's heartbreak over Hermione supposedly "leaving him" for Viktor Krum. Instead, her eyes scanned the small paragraph, for about the hundredth time, where her and Cedric's names were printed in bold.

All day students had been staring at her funny, whispering quietly and laughing, while some were glaring. It wasn't until she crossed paths with Hermione in the afternoon that she found out why.

GIRLFRIEND OR FAUX FRIEND?

While dear Harry Potter is suffering from heartache, it seems that his rival and fellow Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory, has also been busy in the love department - writes Rita Skeeter. Adored by students and teachers alike, the charmingly handsome and talented Mr Diggory has found a sweet teen romance with friend Willa Tonks, younger sister of Nymphadora Tonks, and cousin of Draco Malfoy.

A pretty but monotonous girl, Miss Tonks seems to have a thing for famous wizards, just as much as Hermione Granger. But its not all sunshine and rainbows for Miss Tonks and Mr Diggory, sources report, that their romance began out of pure resentment and jealousy.

"Cedric was with my best friend Cho for a while, and I think Willa got really jealous of them," says Marietta Edgecombe, a high-spirited fifth year student.
"I doubt Cedric realises she's only dating him for his popularity, and I'm sure it won't last if he doesn't win the Tournament. I'm hoping he will win, of course, but I also hope he truly sees Willa's real intentions. He deserves someone like Cho, who will treat him kind and equal."

It'll only be a matter of time before Cedric's heartache will match Harry Potter's, and the only thing he will have to celebrate, will be his potential win of the Triwizard Tournament.

"Hey." Cedric said, plopping down next to her.

"Did you read this?! Did you see what she wrote about us? About ME?!" Willa exclaimed angrily, shoving the paper in her boyfriend's face.

"Willa, calm down! It's just a story for Merlin's sake..." He said, pushing the paper away from his face.

"That is not the point! First of all, how did she even know I'm related to Draco?"

"Willa..."

"Second of all," She huffed indignantly, "I'm not 'monotonous'."

"Willa..."

"And third, I am not jealous of you or your popularity! I just–"

"Willa!" He yelled.

"What?!"

"Stop talking for a second and listen to me." Cedric said.  He took the paper out of her hands and waved it around, "Rita Skeeter is a liar, and you know she just writes what she thinks people want to hear. I don't know how or where she gets her information from, but it doesn't matter. You know the truth, and that's all that does matter."

He scrunched up the paper and threw it into the fireplace. Willa watched as the flames burned it and she released a sigh.

"You're right. I was being stupid." She said.

"Not stupid." Cedric replied. "She just rubbed you up the wrong way which is what she wants."

"You know, what Marietta said was true in a way..."

Cedric raised an eyebrow at her. "Really?"

Willa nodded. "I did get jealous of you and Cho, but that's only because I liked you and didn't know how to tell you. Whenever I saw you with her, I got really sad because I wanted it to be me...but then at Christmas when you said you liked me back, all that jealousy and resentment I had, vanished."

"I kind of figured something was going on with you back then, because you were avoiding me a lot and staring at Cho weirdly."

"I was hoping you never saw any of that."

Ced chuckled. "Willa, you're my best friend and I know when something is bothering you."

Willa raised her eyebrows and Cedric chuckled, then added, "Most of the time."

Willa stifled a laugh, then looked down at her lap. "Can you blame me for getting jealous though? Cho's pretty, popular, smart, she plays Quidditch...you guys were made for each other. I'm just your...weird best friend."

"Hey, look at me..." Ced said firmly and she looked up at him, his eyes bored into hers. "You are the only one for me, okay? Not Cho, or anyone else. You. Never forget that."

She gave him a small smile and shoved him playfully. "You're just saying that to make me feel better."

He shook his head, chuckled, then kissed her softly. Willa felt herself relax as she kissed him back.

"I love you." Cedric said when he pulled away.

"I love you too." Willa smiled.

The two lay on the couch in a comfortable silence, listening to the fire crackling softly and Willa's thoughts of Rita Skeeter's article seemed to vanish.

She was with the boy she loved, and that was all that mattered.

♦︎♦︎♦︎

Short chapter but it's mainly fillers for the time being until the third task lol
Hope u still enjoyed anyways xx