Part 5

Ethan’s POV

“Alright, Sonya,” I said. “What movie do you want to watch?”

“Uh… you’re letting me pick?” Sonya asked.

“Unless you want to watch an overly boring comedy or a horror movie, then yes,” I said.

“What horror movies do you guys have?” Sonya asked.

“We have quite a few,” I said. Why? What movie were you thinking?”

“The Conjuring,” Sonya said simply.

“That’s a good one,” I said, reaching for the movie. “Are you sure you want to watch it though? It’s pretty scary and I don’t want you to get too scared.”

“I’ll be fine,” Sonya said, though I wasn’t sure I believed her.

“So, what movie did you guys pick?” Grayson asked, walking out of the kitchen with three Root Beers, two bags of chips, one container of cookies, and a bar of chocolate.

“The Conjuring,” I said, putting the disk into the DVD player.

“Who picked it?” Grayson asked.

“Me,” Sonya said, finding a spot on the couch.

“You picked this terrifying movie?” Grayson asked, setting the snacks and drinks on the coffee table before sitting next to Sonya.

“Yep,” Sonya said.

“Ethan had no say in the movie picking process at all, did he?” Grayson asked.

“No, I didn’t,” I said. “Sonya picked the movie and I even asked her if she was sure she wanted to watch it.”

“Are you scared of one little movie?” Sonya asked.

“No… Okay, yes. I’m scared of horror movies,” Grayson said.

Sonya laughed. “And here I was thinking you were some tough guy.”

“Sonya,” Grayson whined.

“Hey, she’s got a point,” I said, making Grayson give me a death glare.

I shrugged his glare off as I went to sit on Sonya’s other side and grabbed a Root Beer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were about half way into the movie and Grayson was already covering his face with his hands.

“Oh come on you big baby, it’s not that scary,” Sonya said.

“You’re just saying that,” Grayson said. “You know this is scary but you just won’t admit it.”

Sonya shrugged. “Whatever you say.”

“Shhh, I’m trying to watch a movie,” I said, shushing them so I could still pay attention to the movie.

“Fine,” Grayson and Sonya huffed in unison.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that the movie was over, it was about midnight and I could barely stay awake.

“Alright you two, I’m going to bed. No funny business while I’m sleeping though,” I said, getting up from the couch and walking towards my room.

“Whatever, Ethan,” Grayson said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonya’s POV

We had just finished the movie, when Ethan stood up.

“Alright you two,” he said, “I’m going to bed. No funny business while I’m sleeping.”

“Whatever, Ethan,” Grayson said, rolling his eyes as Ethan walked towards his room.

“What now?” I asked.

“Well, for starters, I’m going to clean up this mess out here,” Grayson said, already starting to pick up some wrappers.

“Then I’ll help you,” I said, grabbing the empty Root Beer cans.

“You don’t have to,” Grayson said, trying to pick up the third can before I got to it.

“You’re right, I don’t have to,” I said, grabbing the third Root Beer can. “But also don’t want you to pick this mess up all by yourself.”

“You are so stubborn,” Grayson said as I began picking up more stuff from the coffee table.

“Yeah, I know,” I said.