Part 20

Sonya's POV

It was later that night when Grayson and I decided to go out on our date. I wanted to go out earlier but Grayson had other ideas, which is why we didn't end up leaving the house until around six-thirty. It wasn't too late, but it was later than I would have liked.

Anyway, Grayson and I left the house and we walked to a park that I had seen before. Grayson led me to a large tree where a picnic basket sat on top of a blanket.

"So this is why you told me not to eat before we left," I said, smiling at Grayson.

"Yeah," Grayson said. "Sorry about that by the way."

"Why are you sorry?" I asked.

"Because you're eating for two and now you're eating after the time you usually do," Grayson said.

"It's fine," I said. "The picnic makes up for it."

"That's good," Grayson smiled.

"So, are we going to go eat, or are you going to make me starve?" I asked jokingly.

"Yeah, let's go," Grayson said, as we approached the picnic blanket.

We sat down and Grayson opened the picnic basket. He began pulling out different varieties of fruit along with a few sandwiches.

"I didn't know what you liked and I didn't want to ask so I just grabbed a whole bunch of different things," Grayson said, pulling out a container of cheese and crackers.

"I'm not very picky, but I don't know what the baby is going to like," I said.

"Alright, so, here's what I've got," Grayson said, pulling the rest of the food out of the picnic basket.

"Looks great," I smiled.

Grayson nodded and, soon enough, he and I were eating, flirting, and talking about our lives. There were points where he had me laughing so hard that my sides hurt and some points where Grayson looked like he wanted to hug me because of my past. We enjoyed our night and, once the sun went down, Grayson and I laid down to try and see the stars.

I pointed at all of the constellations that I knew as Grayson smiled at me.

"What?" I asked, wanting to know why he was smiling at me.

"It's nothing," Grayson said.

"It's something," I said, rolling onto my side to face him.

"Do you really want to know?" Grayson asked.

"Yes, please," I smiled.

"You're just so beautiful," Grayson said. "And I know it might be weird to say that because we haven't known each other for very long, but it's true."

"Time doesn't matter if you want to compliment someone," I giggled. "And, you're pretty handsome yourself."

"Thanks," Grayson smiled.

"You're welcome," I smiled back before laying on my back and looking back up at the stars.

Grayson and I stayed out for a little while longer before we decided to head back to his house. I reluctantly stood up and Grayson laughed at me. I rolled my eyes at him as he grabbed the picnic basket and blanket before he too stood up. Suddenly, a gust of wind blew and I shivered. Grayson noticed and wrapped the blanket around my body.

"Thanks," I said, holding onto the blanket as Grayson wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"You are so welcome," Grayson smiled, making me smile.