Part 7

Ethan’s POV

After a few minutes of sitting at the table all by myself and bored out of my mind, Grayson and Sonya walked into the dining room.

“Took you two long enough,” I mumbled.

“Sorry, I wasn’t feeling very well when I woke up,” Sonya said, reminding me that she was pregnant.

“Right, sorry,” I said.

“Anyway, why don’t we eat?” Sonya asked.

“Sounds good to me,” I said before looking at Grayson. “Dear sir, could you bring us our food?”

“I thought you brought it out when you set the table,” Grayson said.

“Nope,” I smirked.

Grayson rolled his eyes and walked into the kitchen to grab the pancakes.

“Hey, can you grab the orange juice too?” I asked as Grayson was about to exit the kitchen.

Grayson glared at me while I held back my laughter. Sonya looked pretty confused but she too had a smile on her face.

Finally, Grayson left the kitchen with the pancakes and orange juice.

“Gray, can you put some orange juice in my cup please?” I asked.

“Sure, right after I serve you,” Grayson said sarcastically.

“Alright,” I said.

Grayson sighed, placed two pancakes on my plate and turned to Sonya. “How many pancakes would you like?” he asked.

“One for now,” Sonya said as Grayson placed a pancake on her plate. “Do you guys have any syrup?”

“Yeah, let me go grab that for you,” Grayson said, entering the kitchen once again.

“Hey, my cup is still empty,” I complained.

“Man up,” Grayson said, walking out of the kitchen with a bottle of syrup in hand.

I sighed and grabbed the orange juice to fill my own cup up. Grayson sat down, filled his own plate with two pancakes, and we all began to eat.

When we were all done eating, I decided to be a good brother and take care of the dishes. I quickly placed the dishes in the sink and walked back into the dining room.

“So, what do you two have planned for today?” I asked

“I have to go talk to my landlord about my apartment payment if you two don’t mind me staying here,” Sonya said.

“I’ll go with you,” I said, jumping to be alone with Sonya.

“Actually E, you have an appointment today,” Grayson said.

“I do?” I asked.

“You really need to start remembering your own appointments,” Grayson said. “Your appointment has been on the calendar for months now.”

Not believing Grayson, I walked back into the kitchen to the calendar on the fridge. Sure enough, in Grayson’s neat handwriting, it said that I had an appointment.

“Looks like you’re right,” I said, walking back into the dining room again.

“When am I wrong?” Grayson smirked.

I rolled my eyes. “So, when I go to my appointment, you and Sonya are going to talk to her landlord?”

“Yep,” Grayson said. “If that’s okay with Sonya anyway.”

Sonya, looking like she had zoned out, shook her head. “Yeah, that sounds great,” she said.

I nodded. “Alright, looks like we have to start getting around then.”

Grayson and Sonya both nodded and we dismissed ourselves from the table to get around for the day.