Part 19

Grayson's POV

After Ethan glaring at me and Sonya all of breakfast, I decided to ask her something.

"Hey Sonya, do you want to go on a date tonight?" I asked.

Sonya gave me a skeptical look. "What would this date involve?"

"Us hanging out," I said. "Maybe we could go to a small restaurant or a walk through a park or something."

"That sounds nice," Sonya said. "What time do we have to be around?"

"I was thinking about five or six," I said.

"Sounds good," Sonya said. "But, until then, I want to go for a swim."

"Alright, mind if I join?" I asked.

"You don't have to ask," Sonya said.

I smiled at her before she walked away to change into her bathing suit. Once we were both changed into our bathing suits, Sonya and I walked outside to the pool.

"Oh, I forgot a towel. I'll be right back," Sonya said, walking back into the house.

I sat on the edge of the pool until I heard Sonya walk back out. I looked over at her and saw that she somehow managed to drag Ethan outside too.

"Whoa, how'd you get him out here?" I asked.

"I just asked him if he wanted to go for a swim," Sonya said. "He did."

"Alright," I said. "Hey E, watch this."

Ethan and Sonya watched as I stood up and took a few steps backward. Once I was okay with my distance, I ran to the edge of the pool and did a frontflip into it.

"That's nothing," Ethan said once my head was above the water. "Watch this."

Ethan took his place further back than I had stood. I swam back a little bit as Ethan started running forward and to the edge of the pool. When he reached the edge, Ethan did a backflip into the pool.

I waited for him to resurface and catch his breath before I shoved him under the water again. While he was under the water, Ethan punched me in my stomach. I let him go and, once he was above the water, he grabbed me by my hair and shoved me under the water. This took me by surprise and I couldn't get enough air into my lungs. My chest was burning by the time Ethan let me resurface.

"How'd you like that?" he asked.

"I didn't," I said.

"I know," Ethan smirked.

I rolled my eyes at him before swimming over to where Sonya was sitting. "Are you getting in?"

"Yeah," Sonya said.

"What are you waiting for?" I asked.

"Nothing," Sonya smiled.

"Come on," I said.

Sonya's smile grew as she slowly slid into the pool.

Once Sonya was in the pool, Ethan and I attacked her with water as she squealed and complained. We all just laughed about it though.

After a while of us goofing off and swimming, Sonya decided to get out of the pool.

"I'm going to go take a shower to get all the chlorine off of me," Sonya said.

"Alright, we'll see you when we get back into the house," I said, watching Sonya walk into the house.

"You like her, don't you?" Ethan asked, smirking at me.

"Maybe I do and maybe I don't," I said. "You'll never know unless I tell you."

"Yeah, but there's this thing called a gut feeling," Ethan said. "And my gut is saying that you like her."

"Okay, I'll admit that I like her," I said. "Why else would I ask her out on a date?"

"You asked her out?" Ethan asked, sounding surprised.

"Yeah? Why, is that bad?" I asked.

"No, I just didn't expect you to ask a girl out," Ethan said.

"Oh haha," I said before splashing him with water.

"Hey," Ethan said, splashing me back.

I hit him again and soon enough we were in a full-blown water battle. Water was flying everywhere and I heard Ethan laughing like I had never heard him laugh before. It felt good and was so much fun.

"Alright, you win," I heard Ethan say. "I surrender!"

I stopped splashing him and laughed. "Yes! I win!"

"Yeah yeah yeah," Ethan said. "Don't let it get to your head though, we don't need your ego to grow even more."

I splashed Ethan again for his comment before I climbed out of the pool to take a shower.