Part 18

Ethan’s POV

The three of us watched a whole bunch of Disney movies while happily munching on the brownies that were taken out of the oven a while ago. About halfway through Frozen, I was watching Marshmallow totally destroy the people who had come to save Anna when I heard a gentle sore. I looked over to see Sonya sleeping peacefully on Grayson’s chest. They looked absolutely adorable. But, what made it almost ten times cuter, was the fact that Grayson’s hand was resting upon Sonya’s stomach. They looked like a little family and it took almost everything inside of me to not take a picture of the scene in front of me. After a few seconds of looking at the cuteness that was Grayson and Sonya, I decided to take care of everything and go to bed, fully knowing that I would miss out on the ending of Frozen.

But, I already knew how it ended. With that thought, I grabbed the plate of brownies and, after eating one, I wrapped it in saran wrap (the thin clear plastic stuff used to wrap food up) and placed the brownies in the fridge. Once that was done, I grabbed the cans of soda that still sat on the coffee table. When everything was off the coffee table and there wasn’t anything else to take care of, I woke Grayson up.

“What, E?” he asked.

“You and Sonya should go sleep in a bed instead of on the couch,” I said.

Grayson looked at me with tired eyes and nodded. “Yeah, I’ll move us soon.”

“Alright,” I said, not believing him. “Goodnight, Gray.”

“Goodnight, E,” Grayson said, leaning his head against the back of the couch again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, after I decided to drag myself out of bed, I saw Grayson and Sonya still snuggling on the couch. I rolled my eyes at the pair.

“Grayson, I thought you said you’d go sleep in an actual bed,” I said.

Grayson sleepily raised his head to look at me. "Good morning to you too."

"Come on, Grayson," I said. "You can't just sleep on the couch whenever you want to."

"But I didn't want to wake Sonya up," Grayson said, nodding towards Sonya's still sleeping figure.

"Fine, I'll let you get away with it this time," I said.

"Thanks, E," Grayson said.

"Yeah, but now you two have to get up," I said.

"Why?" Grayson asked.

"Because it's almost noon and I woke up first," I said. "Me! I woke up first!"

"Alright, we'll get up," Grayson said.

"Sooner rather than later please," I said

"Alright, mom," Grayson said as I walked into the kitchen to get a bowl of cereal.

Moments later, I walked back into the living room to see Grayson and Sonya still sleeping. I rolled my eyes, set my bowl of cereal on the coffee table, and walked back into the kitchen to get a cup of water. With the cup of water in my hand, I made my way back into the living room and tossed the water on Grayson and Sonya. Their eyes flew open and Grayson glared at me.

"I thought I told you to get up," I said, putting the empty glass on the table.

Grayson flipped me off before he and Sonya got off the couch to change out of their wet clothes.