•Chapter 4• •Experiment 2377•

•~Tord's POV~•

"Hello?" I called out. I heard it echo and bounce off the walls. It was silent until I heard something with claws walking towards me. Then it stopped. I heard it sit down. I couldn't see a thing. But I could tell it was looking at me.

"Hello." It responded whispering.

I jumped up startled. "You can talk?" I asked out of surprise.

"...."

I noticed he stopped saying anything. The whole room fell into dead silence.

"Hey. It's okay. I was just surprised that you could talk. All the monsters that I have met don't talk. Your the first." I smiled.

All he said was hello and now he's not saying anything else. What should I do? I asked myself. Everything was still, quite, but dark.

"So... Tell me... how did you get here? Were you made or... something else?" I asked.

•~2377's POV~•

  My so called new caretaker, Tord, kept asking questions but I didn't answer. In fact I wasn't even listening. I was studying all his features.

  His chestnut colored hair. With two horn like hairs sticking up. His hair was some what long in the back but towards the end it bounced up. He had heterochromia eyes. His left eye a ruby red. Then his right eye a deep grey you could get lost in.

  It looked like he had a burn scar on the right of his face. He has a silver earring that looked like a chain on his right as well. He had a strong figure. Just by looking at his sleeves you could tell he worked out a lot. But the thing that caught my attention the most was...... his smile.

It was warm. Like he meant it. It was loving and welcoming but it was also protective. It made me feel safe around him. Unlike my other caretakers. When they smiled I could tell they were there to earn my trust then hurt me. But not him. It seemed like he didn't want to hurt me.

He kept talking then he started to call out. That's when I snapped back into reality.

"Hello? Are you even there?" He asked with a concerned smile.

"....yeah.... I'm here.." I finally said quietly.

He started to chuckle. I felt my face starting to get hot. I covered my face with my claws. Then peeking through them. I know he can't see me but I still react.

  "I thought you left and I was just talking to myself." He smiled and laughed to himself.

My whole face was burning. If he could see me then I bet I would look like a tomato. His smile! It's the thing that takes me off guard.

"So.." He started.

  I looked up at him. My face starting to become less heated.

"how did you get here?" He asked.

  "... I.... -i... was captured... and....taken here...." I said looking at the concrete floor.

  I heard Tord sniff and I looked up at him. He had a sympathetic expression on his face.

  "I'm sorry that happened... I know how that feels. To be trapped. The thought of, what did I do wrong, why am I here?" He said with a smile but he sounded sad.