•Chapter 13• •Till my last breath•

•~Edd's POV~•

I got off a plane and stole an army car. Now I'm driving through the wide open sandy desert. It was really quiet without Matt. Matt I hope your okay. I shook my head trying to get out of the clouds.

"Come on, Edd. Matt's counting on you! Stay focused." I said to myself. I continued driving in silence. I looked at the touch screen on the car. It had a radio. I click the radio and it turned on.

" I will fight, I will fight for you. I always do, until my heart is black and blue. And I will stay, I will stay with you. We'll make it to the other side, like lovers do. " It sang from the radio. It made me smile.

"I will get Matt back. Even if it kills me."

(Song is at the Top. It's called "Don't Give up on Me" by Andy Grammer.)

•~Tord's POV~•
It was my turn to drive the car. Thomas was fast asleep in the back seat snoring, adorably. We just passed the second city. Let me explain, the city I want to get to is the eighth city we arrive at. I own a room in a fancy hotel there. Plus it's the biggest city in all the sectors. So it's the safest please to hide. It's hiding in plain sight. It's quite smart really, especially on our part.

Though, I can't help but feel something inside me. I don't know what it is but it feels like guilt. I don't know why I feel guilty though. Is it because I left Matt behind? Maybe, but it's too late to go back. We're so far, it would be dangerous to turn back now.

I hear Thomas jolt up from his peaceful slumber. He grabs the handle and starts pulling it, to open the door. I panic and pull over. He unlocks the door and runs out. I unstrapped and opened the door, running after him. About a few feet he collapses to his knees.

"Thomas, What the heck?!" I yell at him from behind. I was scared and angry. He didn't respond. The only thing I could hear from him was coughing.

"Thomas?" I walk over to him and he was couching into his hands. I bend down and remove his hands from his mouth. Black liquid was dripping from his mouth and his hand were coved in the black liquid.

"Oh my Gosh!" I scoop Thomas up and run to the car. I take out the first aid-kit but a hand grabs mine. I look over to Thomas.

"Tord I'm okay. It's just an after effect of turning into a monster. It usually takes a day or two for it to happen but it's normal. Don't worry." He says with a smile. His smile calms me and I relax. I close the first aid-kit and put it back in it's spot.

"Are you sure?" I ask still a little concerned.

"Yeah it happens all the time." He say before he muttered something quietly to himself. It was so quiet I couldn't hear it. I didn't worry about it and I place him in the front seat. I went around to my side and we both buckle in. Then we continue our trip as if nothing happened.

•~Matt's POV~•

"Test cells?"

"The scientists here come in every day either, giving us some weird concoction, or taking us to the test room." She answers.

"Test room?" I ask.

"Yeah. Test rooms were your inside a room, strapped to a chair and they're outside. Sometimes you'll be strapped to a table and they'll cut you open or insert something into you. If you ask me it's torture." She responds leaning her back against the wall with her claws still in her hoodie.

Oh Lord. I have to get out of here.

"Where's an escaped route?" I ask. She looks at me and smiles.

"Well, Matt. You came to the right cell." She says with a grin.

A creek echoed through the cell. Both of our attentions on the door. In the doorway there stood a man. He was one of the scientist from before.

"Take the human." He said as two more men walked in a grabbed me by the arm. Ash clawed at one of them but the man shoved her off. She was knocked to the ground as we walk out the door.

"Take him to the examination room." The scientist said as the other two pulled me to the room.

They placed me in a metal chair and strapped me to it. Never good.  They muttered something to each other. Then they left without another word. Leaving me strapped to a metal chair in a room with white walls and white tiles floors.

This isn't good.

•~Tom's POV~•

It had been 2 hours since what happened. Tord hasn't spoke or looked anywhere near me. It made my heart hurt.

"T-Tord.." I finally said.

"Hm?" Is all that came from him. He didn't even look at me.

I felt warm tear threatening to fall from my 'eyes'. Without warning I started breaking down. I didn't know why though. Tord pulls over the car immediately and turns to me.

"What's wrong?! Is something hurting?!" He ask, more concerned then I've ever seen him before.

I tried to speak but all that came out was sobs. I shut my 'eyes'. Why was this happening? I didn't know what to do. I've never felt like this.

I felt something wrap around me. I look up to see Tord hugging me. His arms wrapped around me tightly. It was silent. The only sounds were me sniffling and a small sob, between here and there. Until Tord said something that made me feel like everything was okay.

"Don't cry. I'm here to protect you. No matter what happens, I'll always be here. Whether you need me or not, I'll protect you till my last breath."

Tears start welling up in my 'eyes'. For the first time, I felt something I hadn't felt, it wasn't sadness, it was,

Comfort.

Sorry it took so long. Thank you guys for waiting. I hope you guys enjoyed. ^^

School is the death of me. ;-;