24

"You got the taser ?", Zion asked me. "Yeah.", I tell him. "What about the switchblade ?", Austin asked me. "Yes, I have it.", I say. "What about the pistol ?", Nick asked. "Boy, do I look like I should be walking around with a pistol ?"

"What you mean !?", he said. "I'm black, just in case you forgot. I'm dead for sure if I got a gun on me.", I chuckle. "She's gotta point.", Zion said. "Well, we're trying to keep you protected.", Brandon said. "I mean, he is the first guy that hurt you."

"And I love you guys for it but I'm a big girl.", I tell them. "Yeah and your heart is big as well which is a big problem.", Austin explained. "We know how nice you are and how quick you can make friends."

"I'll be fine ok ?", I tell them. I give each of them a hug and I go outside to get inside of my Uber. I was nervous. Seeing Josh in person after almost two years of not seeing each other, it's nerve wrecking. My Uber drops me off at my destination and I was still feeling a little nervous.

I walked inside and looked around for Josh. I saw him sitting at the far end of the restaurant. I walk over to him but stay silent. "Hi Josh.", I say. He looks at me and his eyes widened. He stands up and embraced me into a hug. "Hey Nia.", he said in my ear. I hugged him back but even tighter.

"I've missed you, so so much.", he tells me. "I've kinda sorta missed you too.", I tell him honestly. "I understand. Let's sit down and eat. I ordered us some chicken strips, remembering it's your favorite.", he says nervously as we sat down. I smile at him and he blushed.

"I'm glad you remembered that. What else do you remember ?", I ask him with a smirk. "I remember how you snort when you laugh too hard. I remember that when you're nervous, your leg starts to shake, which you're doing right now.", he said.

I didn't even notice my leg was shaking. "And I've remembered that I still have this effect on you.", he said. "What effect ?", I ask him. "This one.", he said as he took my hand and kissed it. I gasped then sighed and trembled a little.

"I guess you do.", I say. He smiles and the waiter brings us our food. "Let's dig in shall we ?", he said. We ate and talked about life after high school. I told him I was taking online college and modeling. He was in community college and pursuing his dream in football.

We caught up a lot and I realized that the feelings were still there. But I don't want to make the wrong mistake like I did with Edwin and get together too quick. But I think Josh deserves a second chance. Maybe Edwin, if he learns to act right. "I had a great time today.", I tell him as we walk outside the restaurant.

"I did too. We should do this again.", he said. "Definitely.", I say with a smile. I hear a car honk. "Hurry up, NiNi ! It's karaoke night at the boys house !", Tracey yelled. "I gotta go but I'll call you tonight, ok ?", I tell Josh. "Ok. Goodnight.", he said. "Goodnight.", I say.

Before I walk off, Josh grabs my arm, spins me around and pulls me into his arms. He then kisses me on the lips, softly. "Just a goodnight kiss.", he whispered. "Yeah....a goodnight kiss.", I say as I rest my hand on his chest. Tracey honks the horn again. "Get yo ass in this car girl !", she yells. I chuckle and walk off to get in the car. I look out the window at Josh and wave at him. He waves back. Tracey drives off with a smirk on her face.

"I saw that shit and I just wanna let you know that I approve, only because I know how happy he made you back when we were in school.", she tells me. "We were happy once. It's just his family.", I say. "Them racist sons of bitches. Like what's the point ? We all bleed the same and have the same organs and shit but they still find a way to hate a bitch !", Tracey says making me chuckle.

"Let's just hurry up to the house.", I tell her. "Ok. I wanna sing Teacher for Zion.", she said. I laugh. "Bruh, he looked deadass retarded in that music video !", I laugh. "On god ! And he talk about how he looked the best like bitch where !?", Tracey says making me crack up. Tonight was great.