26

"You flying back to Canada ?", Zion asked me. "Yes, to go visit Joshua's parents.", I tell him. We were all sitting around the boys house, just talking. "Why not just video chat with them ?", Nick suggested. "I need to meet them. Josh wants us to be together but I told him only if it was fine with his parents. I need their blessings."

"Isn't it suppose to be the other way around ?", Brandon asked me. "It's suppose to be, but I'm not the one with racist parents.", I say. "It's the reason you broke up the first time, right ?", Austin asked. "Yep. I don't wanna go through it again so it's best I wait until then.", I say. "So when are you leaving ?", Edwin asked me. "In a week.", I tell him.

"Can I come ? We can go see Ma, Elom, and Kékéli.", Zion said. "Don't you got a EP to work on ?", I tell him. "She's right. The beanz are very impatient.", Brandon said. "They're always impatient.", Nick said. "Please Nia, plus what if they turn out to be racist. Who's shoulder are you going to cry on ?", Zion said.

He had a point. "Fine, I guess so.", I tell him. He gets up and cheers and jumps around. "Of course this is for you but I barely get to see them man.", he says as he hugs me. "Well, lets do this for the both of us. It's about time we spend time with each other anyway.", I say as I hug him. He continues to cheer and jump around while we laugh.

I look at Edwin and he looked sad. He stood up and began to walk away. I wanted to shake it off but I just couldn't. I followed him out back towards the pool. He had his feet in. I took my shoes off and slowly sat beside him and dipped my feet in as well as him. "Hey.", I say.

"Hey Nia.", he said as he gave me a small smile. I lay my head on his shoulder. "Are you ok ?", I ask him. "I guess. I don't know.", he says as he shrugs his shoulder. "I know you don't like the idea of me and Josh getting back together but I'm still trying to get over what you did to me Edwin.", I say.

"I know and I'll tell you a million times how sorry I am if I have to.", Edwin says. We just sat there in silence for a bit. I've always enjoyed Edwin's presence. I grab his hand and interlock our fingers. "I just wanna say....thank you."

"For what ?", he asked me. "For loving me as much as you do. I appreciate you and I love you.", I tell him. "You're welcome Nia.", he tells me. I look up at him and smile. He slowly leans in and kisses my lips. I didn't pull away. "I better get inside before the others start tripping out again.", I say.

I kiss Edwin's cheek and step out of the pool. I grab my shoes and head on back into the house. I run into Austin on my way upstairs. "I saw that.", he whispered. I shake my head. "I love him, Austin. I really do.", I tell him. "You need to show him then.", Austin tells me. "I will, once I get back. I promise."