24. Euphoria

Paints and pottery, brushes and pastels; all this consumed the room.

The boy took gentle care in illustrating his art, making sure to put detail in his every stroke.

His concentration was a bubble that surrounded him, blocking out all; if any noice.

Cruel hair; silky and long, framing her perfectly rounded face. Squeaky clean teeth, and a sea of mesmerizing pastel blue swirling her eyes.

That's what he drew; cause that's what he loved.

"Boo"

Out popped her head from atop the canvas, startling the young boy who made no sound.

His eyes shook out of his sockets as his pencil fell to the floor. Eyes bulging out so much they looked like they were nearly about to fall out of his sockets.

Laughter filled the room.

The girl giggled like an angel, even while making fun of the man, as if she was sent from heaven. Her sweet, soft laughter absorbed in the room.

"It looked like you jumped six feat high!", the girl exclaimed, clutching her stomach of the beautiful pain her laughter gave her, nearly at tears and pointing at the man that almost rattled through the roof with the fright she gave him.

It took a moment before her laughter finally died down, her coming over to hug the boy. She began stroking his hair while squishing him.

"Aww my poor little kookie was scared"

At this he frowned in a pout, sitting still as she pet his hair like someone would an animal.

"Hush hush my poor baby, don't cry" she spoke on, grabbing his cheeks and squishing them, teasing him in a voice a mother would speak in towards their own fetus.

"Ok ok that's enough", he said slightly annoyed, detaching her hands from him while giving her a look. Eyebrow raised up questioningly, wondering about her sanity.

Seeing this she began laughing again, bringing a cute smile to the boys face while he watched her happily.

"Aww is that a bunny grin I see", she gushed.

His smile turned upside down in the matter of seconds, done with her teasing.

She let out a chuckle.

"Alright, alright. I'm done. I'll stop teasing", she smiled.

"So how's the drawing?"

"Better when you didn't move", he spoke with a huff, an irritated tone laced in his voice.

The girl moved her head in the direction of the drawing, eyes stuck on the lines of granite with a concentrated stare. As if tracing the lines with her eyes and trying to watch it come to life.

"I don't know what your so worried about, it's so amazing I can't take my eyes off of it!"

"well if it was finished I would be satisfied, but as you can see, my live picture has moved so how am I going to complete it!", he stressed.

"Calm down, everything is gonna be alright, just let me, your undeniably, beautiful muse, get back in position and you can work your magic huh?", she said with a goofy smile, immediately tracing her steps back to the same position she was in before.

He let out a soft smile, his troubled eyes and creases on his forehead straightened out into a calm look.

He began his work again.

The eyes in the portrait seemed to trace elsewhere, a hidden depth behind the intense stare. A strong and proud round nose and deep olive-blue eyes, the mysteries of nature hidden within them.

Smooth, tanned skin, with imperfections but somehow still yet perfect. Dark auburn locks swishing due to the breeze released in the room. The window which allowed this cold refreshing air seemed to be the models sole focus. Staring out in the bright of outside casting both a shadow and light upon her beauty.

The boy began to fill the hollows that formed beneath the cheekbone, in awe of the seemingly mystical wonder in front of him.

It all seemed unearthly.

Authors note: I've been trying a different approach I've been told I add too much detail where it isn't needed causing the book to prolong and be boring. Lemme kno how this is plz 🙏