Chapter 1

June 20, 2010

Shadow stood up and off of his bed in his Habitation Room. The Space Colony ARK was stationed for a while on Christmas Island as a part of a research exploration.

Most of the scientists were out on this exploration, leaving almost nothing for the young hedgehog to do.

As Shadow stood there, he thought of something. He had heard talk about a specimen that was due in a day. The specimen had been described to look a bit like Shadow, and it was also a hedgehog.

The other, older scientists never let Shadow into the Laboratory where the specimen was being kept, saying that it was "too risky," whatever that meant.

But those scientists weren't there to stop him from seeing this specimen now. Shadow walked to his automatic door and slipped out, being quiet as there were still other scientists around.

He came upon a chart on a wall and studied it, looking for the other hedgehog.

Project: Sonic the Hedgehog

This must be the specimen. It's the only one there, thought Shadow. It was in Laboratory 4C. Shadow walked around the long, winding corridors until he found Hallway C.

Looking at each laboratory, it didn't take long before he found 4C. It needed key card access.

"Damn it," Shadow cursed under his breath. He took a look on a desk that was positioned behind him and, seemingly out of luck, found a key card.

Dr. Samantha Geisha

"Nice," he whispered and scanned the card.

"Project: Sonic the Hedgehog, gaining access now."

Shadow jumped and cursed under his breath. The doors opened and he stepped inside, staring in awe at what was ahead of him.

It was one of the tubes… a Stability Tube as Shadow had been told before. Inside, there was a blue hedgehog, making Shadow confused. How did this hedgehog look like him?

Shadow cautiously walked up to the glass where the specimen was contained. It's eyes were closed. It was beautiful.

Out of the corner of his eye, Shadow saw a clipboard and read it.

It had the specimen's information. Estimated Release Date, Gender, Name and a nickname and the reason for his Creation.

Shadow looked back up and placed a hand tentatively on the glass, staring at the hedgehog on the other side…

"Shadow? What are you doing here?" Shadow jumped and almost dropped the clipboard before turning around and seeing Dr. Emerson.

"I… uh…" Shadow stammered. Emerson chuckled.

"Don't worry. I won't snitch," he said. "How did you get in here?" Shadow showed him the key card.

"I see. Dr. Geisha forgot her key card again. I'll give it back to her soon," Emerson said with a nod. "Did you want to see the Project?" Shadow nodded.

"Yes, sir. The other scientists made me curious by the way they talk about it… I just had to see it for myself," replied the ebony hedgehog.

"I see no harm in that. He'll be released soon. But for now, we can just watch him and hope for another successfully released project," Emerson motioned for Shadow to follow him. "Let's go. The other scientists will be back and won't be too happy to see you in here."

____________________

Sorry for the late update. I have edited the Project Files because I have a plan for this. ;3

I hope you enjoyed.