J.P./ To Late

Love was a very easy thing to do, easy to make someone believe, easy to believe it yourself

Love was a very easy thing to do, easy to make someone believe, easy to believe it yourself. And easy to fall into.

But a true love was inevitable, it was so hard and you could only get one.

James Potter believed that his true love was Lilly Evans. Soon enough she and James both believed it to.

However they were oh so wrong, sure they were in love at one point but they weren't each other's true love.

No, Remus John Lupin was Lily's true love and she came to realize that much earlier than James.

YN LN was James true love, but it seemed the boy was much to late in figuring that out.

It took James a while to realize just how much he loved her innocent smile, to realize that she hid all her true emotions behind fake smiles. Which were so unlike her innocent ones, yet no one seemed to notice.

—————
James stared into stared over at YN and Avery, a Slytherin Student in their year. She had a distasteful look on her face as she spoke to Avery, who mirrored her expression.

Slowly James came closer to eves drop on their conversation. "YN! Seriously!, you have to do it now. We've known about this for several years, yet now you try and get out! Like it or not it's happening!"

The girl looked away from the Slytherin boy, who ran a hand through his dreamy brown hair. "YN, I'm sorry but we have to do this." She nodded and hugged him as he hugged her back.

James was shocked as he watched the encounter. Suddenly he felt confused, angry and jealous of the Slytherin boy. He watched them closely as she pulled away, taking his hand in hers.

A pang hit James heart as he began to march towards them, "What the hell?!" She paused turning around with Avery. Her eyes widened at the sight of an angry James.

"James? Um I think Lily is at Hogsmead with Marlene." YN replies to his shout.

The corridor seemed to watch closely as James took her in his arms, pulling her away from Avery. "Get the hell away from her!" James yelled at Avery.

YN sighed softly, "James, I'm okay, he's okay. I'll explain it to you soon, but I have things to think about." She met James eyes, his softening instantly.

"But I don't like him, especially around you." James states with a pout.

She smiled slipping out of his masculine arms, "Goodbye James."

Retaking Avery's hand, who threw James a harsh glare. James glared straight back, causing Avery to throw his arm around her soldier. But James could make out her oh so broken eyes.

——————
James stood by the Ravenclaw dorms with crossed arms waiting for YN. A smile came to his lips as she came up to the stairs. Her frown still evident in her face.

A smile came to her face as she spotted James, "Hello Jamie!" She teased as she said the password and the two walked in.

They sat on the window seat, something caught his eye. A diamond ring was placed on her finger, he stared at it for a moment as everything fell into place. All the frowns, her and Avery talking all the time.

YN suddenly froze, seeing what he was looking at, 'Bloody Hell, how did I managed to forget taking it off!' She thought.

"James, I can-."

"Explain?" He cut her off, "It seems to me that you and Avery are getting married."

She looked down unable to look into his brown eyes, "It's against my own will. I made a promise to do it years ago. I have to do it."

James frowned at her words as tears came down both their cheeks, "I'm to late." James muttered to himself, but YN had heard it.

"To late for what?" She asked him, her voice cracking as she went.

James paused wondering if he should tell her the entire true or not, "I suppose YN, that I have come to a realization that I am in love with you."

"But Lily?" YN looked at him in pure surprise as more thoughts filled her mind in confusion.

He shook his head, "No, YN Damn it! It's always been you and never Lily but I was so bloody scared why I never even got to tell you my own feelings till it was to late!"

James stood up instantly and marched out of the common room. He ran down the corridor before YN had realized what just happened. In an instant YN was on her feet and following after the boy.

She had no clue where he had went yet she kept running. What am I doing? I'm getting married?.... to a bloody idiot. Who the hell cares, I'll get disowned!? James in the one with my heart. Or am I to late?

She shook her head in hopes the thoughts would stop as she continued running, not caring about her aching side. Soon enough she was in the Astronomy Tower, tiredly she came up the stairs and leaned on the railing.

"Where the hell are you?, James Potter!" She exclaimed out to the open sky. She laid her head down and heard a faint, 'here' followed by a sniff.

Instantly she looked up and saw James at the corner of the tower. "You found me."

"That I did, why did you leave?"

"Why did you chase after me?"

"I asked first James! Why did you run away?"

He sighed before admitting, "Honestly, I was embarrassed. I knew that you were engaged yet I told you anyways."

YN smiled walking hastily towards him, till she grabbed him and kissed him. A rough and passionate one at that. Immediately a sense of completion had hit the two as her hands went to his messy hair and his her waist.

"Wait, what about Avery?" James asked, YN in response took of her ring and threw it over the edge of the tower.

"Screw him." She shrugged as James face pulled into a goofy grin.

—————
Hints
• adorable
•we all raised our hands for him in another imagine
•brave and courageous
• came back for the Battle of Hogwarts