A.W. / Broken Promises

I paused staring out the window as I sat on the ledge in the common room

I paused staring out the window as I sat on the ledge in the common room. It was nearly midnight but I needed to wait for him, I just had to. Mainly to see his face when realization hits that he'd forgotten again.

The second the common room opened, the Gryffindor team stumbled in tiredly before disappearing into their rooms. Alec looked at me in surprise as he caught sight of me, he shut the door and set his stuff down. "What? Why are you still up my beautiful pr- on shit?!" I scoffed standing up and walking upstairs before looking back at him.

"Happy 2 years, Alec." Throwing the gift I got him at his chest with a huff.
Rolling my eyes as he went to explain but I knew the rehearsed excuse, so I walked upstairs to my room.

-
I walked downstairs with Roxie and Rose, both girls going on about their crushes as I thought back to last night. My eyes met his easily as he waited at the end of the staircase. Alec instantly grabbed my arm softly and pulled me away from the girls.

"I'm so so so so so so so so so-."

"Alec! You do this every time, you always break promises and I don't know if I can take it anymore. I mean you forgot last years anniversary, you promised to take me out for a date two weeks ago! And that never happened. You promised to through me a birthday party, help me study for the exam in potions. None of that ever happened and it's getting annoying. Maybe we should-."

"No! No! No! Don't say another word. Tomorrow night, Hogsmeade, I'll make it up to my beautiful princess." I blushed at the name as he kissed my cheek. "Alright."

-

Waving goodbye to Roxanne, I walked into THE THREE BROOMSTICKS, getting at booth and two butterbeers and waiting for Alec. He had quidditch practice so I headed over early to wait for him.

After a few minutes, I started to drink my butter beer that looked delicious. When an hour passed, I had drank both butter beers and started to leave. Having been alone for two long, I paid and quickly found Albus and Scorpius, so I went with them for the trip back.

The second we reached Hogwarts grounds, I ran to the common room, I sat with parchment and ink. I began to write Alec a letter, a tear slid down as I sealed it. I placed it on the window sill in which I always sat and waited. I wouldn't be waiting tonight.

-
A sigh escaped my lips as I tied up my hair in a high ponytail. "YN!" I turned to look at the very angry Weasley-Potter family, minus Albus, "Why did you dump Alec over a parcel?!" Roxanne questioned a hand on her hip.

Considering how close their family was to the Woods family, I didn't get angry at them menacing in our love life. "Why do you care? It doesn't concern you."

"Yes, it does. For once in Alec's life, he doesn't want to play quidditch! All he's doing is eating chocolate chip cookies!" James cried running a hand through his messy hair.

I sighed sadly at the thought of his heart being broken because I was upset over a few broken promises. Till realization hit that it wast just a few broken promises and that it wasn't my fault.

"I broke up with him because I want to be with someone that actually cares about me! Alec, he loves quidditch and I love that he does, but he makes promises he can't keep. He gets my hopes up and when I try to talk to him about it, he puts it off, says he'll make it up to me but never does. I'm tired of the lies and useless promises. I'm so bloody sorry that I have feelings too."

The group got silent as I headed out of the common room, without realizing that Alec sat on the couch behind the cousins with chocolate chip cookies. And a plan in mind.

-
I waved goodbye to Alice Longbottom as I walked towards the Gryffindor common room. My smile falling from my face as I noticed James holding a bouquet of roses. "Um James, you just missed Alice-."

"These are for you?" He handed them to me before pointing to the next hallway before walking off. "Bloody Hell!" I whispered to myself as I read the card.

I'm sorry that I didn't show you just how much you meant to me, my love, so I'm going to remind you that you will forever be the girl with my heart. Xoxo
-Alec Wood

A blush spread on my face as I walked into the next hallway and found Roxanne and Fred, holding a very large box of chocolates. I took it from their hands before Fred gave me a look, "Break his heart and I will break your arm." Roxanne hit him angrily but sent me the same look Fred did before smiling and pointing to the next hallway.

Walking away at a fast pace, I found Louis, and his sisters, they gave me a giant bear that I ended up having to drag. I'd then collected more items as more of their family and friends appeared.

When I finally made it to the hallway leading to the common room a smile came to my face as I met Alecs eyes. "I know I don't say it as often as I should but I love you YN MN LN. I always have and I always will. Look, I know that I have a tendency of forgetting my promises and our plans but not a second goes by that I don't think about you. I need you in my life, love or else I'm going to be eating cookies for eternity, when I should just be with you for the rest of my days."

"Get to the point Weasley." I called but a smile was on my face.

"Will you take me back? And I will try my best to not forget our plans and promises!" I thought for a moment to worry him but when I felt that I messed with him long enough, I dropped the bear holding the stuff to the group and ran over to him.

Jumping onto him as he caught me by my waist, "I love you, Alec Wood."

————
Hints

-Hufflepuff
-falls from trees
-deserved better