Hogwarts

Quote of the Chapter

"'Better to have loved and lost,' my ass.

Anyone parroting that little platitude had obviously never lost anyone of consequence."

― Nenia Campbell, Touched with Sight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Percy spent the rest of the summer at the burrow with the Weasley's and his cousin, everyone becoming fast friends, especially George, Fred and Percy. Unbeknownst to everyone, Percy loved pranking people and when he told the twins about Travis and Connor Stoll back home the Weasley twins were dying to meet them. 

Percy and the others sat outside in enjoying the sunlight, Hedwig and Trident were flying above their head trilling happily of the freedom they had. 

"So Percy have you told your mom and dad you are going to Hogwarts?" Hermione asked. 

Percy paled a bit. "Uhm no I haven't. I will go make the phone call now." 

Everyone rolled their eyes as Percy quickly ran back to the burrow, classic Percy. They leave tomorrow for Hogwarts and Sally was expecting her son back in two days.

About twenty minutes of the group talking about how awesome Hogwarts was going to be this year with Percy Jackson joining their group, hopefully he would be in Gryffindor. 

"What is taking him so long?" Harry asked,  a worried look on his face as he looked at the burrow.

"Mrs. Jackson is probably giving him an earful." George joked, Hermione and Ginny nodded like it was plausible. 

"I am going to check on him just to see what is taking so long, maybe I can talk to my long lost aunt as well." Harry said thoughtfully before getting excited talking to his aunt, whom Percy described as an angel who has never said a bad word about any one. With that Harry ran to the burrow to check on his cousin, when he got there Molly was chopping vegetables for dinner. She pointed to the bathroom door, he smiled at the woman before going to knock on the bathroom door but he heard quiet voices so he put his ear against the door. 

"I know mom but this Dumbledore dude said that Harry is in danger." Percy whispered. 

He heard a stifled sob. "But Percy you left the States to stop being in wars." 

Wars? Harry thought as he had the suspicion Percy wasn't telling him the whole truth. 

"I know mom, I love you and I will be safe. Monsters can't get on the grounds so I won't put the wizards in any danger." Percy explained. 

"Promise me you will be safe Percy." Sally said sternly. 

"I can't promise that mom." Percy said quietly. "I have to go, I promise to I M you when I have the chance. They can't know my secret. I love you." 

"I love you to, Percy." 

With that Harry heard footsteps coming towards him so he took a couple steps back and matched his cousins stride so he was coming around the corner to see Percy, a bit misty eyed. 

"You OK Percy?" Harry asked. 

"Yes, it was hard to talk to my mom again. But is all good she is letting me come to Hogwarts." Percy said with a lopsided grin that made Harry grin, but in the back of his mind as curious to the wars Percy went through but knew it wasn't the right time to ask. 

~The next day~ 

Percy had his eyes in slits, it was way to earlier for any body to be up. It was six in the morning and they had to be at the King Cross station in three hours and Ron still hasn't woken up. The only reason why he was up was cause he was drenched in ice cold water.