Rebel With a Cause

Nothing will ever replace or downplay the feeling of adrenaline Peter feels as he plummets towards the city. The rush of wind bends around his suit and rushes past his ears. His body feels weightless and free. He'll never get over the feeling of being Spider-Man. As the ground approaches faster, he shoots a web to a nearby building and pulls himself forward.

"Good afternoon, Peter. Your suit's integrity hasn't seemed to improve. I recommend repairing the torn material prior to patrol. I'm glad that your wound has been tended to. Did Tony Stark assist you?" Karen's sweet voice asks.

"Hey Karen! How's it going? What's the news look like?" he ignores her question about Tony.

"I'm doing well. Thank you for asking. The news channels and radio stations are showing no interesting activity. However, your school is on TV about this afternoon's incident."

"Oh wow, really? That's kinda cool. What are they saying?" He continues swinging his way into the city, keeping his eyes peeled for anything out of the ordinary.

"Principal Morita is currently speaking. Would you like to listen?" He swings upwards and flips onto the roof of a building.

"Yeah, sure." A small window opens on his mask's interface showing Mr. Morita from the shoulders up.

"No one was harmed." He can't help but scoff. "We are currently unaware of who pulled the fire alarm, but we are looking into it and proper repercussions will be implemented. We believe whoever pulled the alarm used it as a distraction to break into the Chemistry Lab. We are still looking into what, if anything, was taken. Thank you." With that, Mr. Morita disappears from the screen and Karen swipes it away for Peter. He supposes that means no one saw Mysterio, which is good?

"Thanks, Karen. Can you call Ned for me?"

"Of course." Ned's amazing contact picture pops up on his screen and his best friend answers immediately.

"Hey, Peter!" Ned greets enthusiastically.

"Hey, you ready?"

"Yeah! I'm all cued up at my desk. Your Guy in the Chair is at your service." He uses an overly sophisticated voice that makes Peter laugh.

"Thanks, man. How about checking the police scanners? Karen said she couldn't find anything on the news or radios." Peter jumps off the building and starts swinging again.

"As you wish," Ned quotes. Peter chuckles, his mechanical lenses narrowing.

"Did you just quote The Princess Bride? " Ned gasps overdramatically and Peter can hear him typing in the background.

"Inconceivable! " They both burst out laughing, so much so that it makes Peter's side ache with the extra movement.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means," Peter quotes Inigo Montoya with a, pretty terrible, Spanish accent. They keep laughing. "Jeez, we haven't watched that movie in ages. We need to have another movie night with May."

"That'd be awesome." There's a beep in the background. "Sorry, Peter. There's nothing on the police scanners either. It looks pretty quiet," Ned regrettably informs. Peter can't help but groan. The last time he disobeyed Tony, trouble wouldn't leave him alone. Now that he's actually looking for trouble, there's nothing?!

"See. Just as I said," Karen points out.

"Yeah but another pair of eyes never hurts. Plus you could've overlooked something," Ned answers nonchalantly.

"I am a User Interface created by the genius billionaire Tony Stark. I don't overlook anything." Is Karen...jealous? Of Ned?

"Oh yeah?" Ned challenges. "Well I'm the also super smart Ned Leeds: Spider-Man's Guy in the Chair! I'm the one who hacked Iron Man's Spider-Man suit so ha!" Peter can't keep the smile off his face as the two argue.