Practice Makes Permanent

Another happy, lighthearted chapter for today! I know some of you are looking forward to angst coming back, so don't worry it'll be here soon ;) Officially only 10 more chapters to go!

Enjoy❤🧡💛💚💙💜

---

When Tony mentions working down in the lab, Peter knows that it means training and he's quick to grab his suit. He brings it in a spare backpack he left behind, so that Rhodey can't see it, and goes to where Tony's waiting in the elevator. It's not that Peter is trying to keep Rhodey out of the loop, he just doesn't want to go around revealing his secret identity. Again. He dumps the packet of gummy bears into his mouth as they ride down to the workshop. Tony continues to keep his arms crossed and rolls his eyes at Peter.

"Yeah, hope you enjoy my gummy bears," he mutters.

"Not my fault you don't know when to stop betting," Peter says with his mouth full before swallowing. "You're lucky you don't go to Vegas or you wouldn't be a billionaire anymore." Tony scoffs.

"I liked it better when you were too shy to sass me." All Peter does is give him an innocent smile. The elevator doors open and Tony is the first to walk inside.

"Hi, Boss. Welcome to Chili's," F.R.I.D.A.Y.'s voice greets as soon as they're in the workshop. Peter only barely manages to hold back his laughter. Tony, on the other hand, holds his head in his hands in exasperation.

"I distinctly remember telling you to fix her." He gives Peter a pointed look.

"She isn't broken," Peter counters. "If anything, it's like she got an upgrade!" He slips his mask on his head and blinks his mechanical eyes to adjust to the light of his interface. Almost as soon as he puts it on, he feels it being pulled back over his head. "Mr. Stark!" he argues and tries to grab it back.

"Ah ah ah," Tony holds the mask up, "no training until we catch up on Bubble Brain. I'm not oblivious, I saw the news. So we're gonna- I said no mask," he reiterates. Peter huffs and raises a challenging eyebrow. Does he really think he can hold anything out of my reach? Peter shoots a web and pulls the mask to his hand. There's a beat of silence. "That's cheating," Tony scolds and points an accusing finger at him.

"That's what sore losers say. What part do you wanna talk about?" Peter sits on the corner of a workbench and swings his legs back forth.

"How the fight with Mysterio at Grand Central went. Why can't you sit in a chair like a normal...Spider-Person?" Tony impatiently questions with a judgemental look.

"I mean, if you really want me to act like a normal spider I can just..." Peter uses the table as a platform to jump up and stick to the ceiling instead.

"Really?" Tony raises both his eyebrows expectantly. Peter crouches on the ceiling and flashes him a smile. "Fine! Stay up there! I don't care, as long as you talk." Tony crosses his arms and faces away from Peter with a disinterested sniff.

"Okay, so-"

"Get your ass down here before you fall," Tony immediately interrupts, turning to face Peter again.

"Language," F.R.I.D.A.Y. cuts in before Peter can respond.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y., you're on thin fucking ice. Kid, get down," Tony orders again.

"But you just said I could st-"

"I know what I just said. I'm the one who said it. Now I'm saying to get down before you crack your head open."

"I'm not gonna crack my head open! I'm Spider-Man, remember?" Peter gestures to himself, his hair flopping down towards the floor with his movement. "Spider-Man doesn't just fall!" Tony looks unfazed and shakes his head.