Aftermath

Notes:          

We have emerged from the angst...to get more angst!

Since this story is going to be reaching its end soon, I already have the next story cued up :) Thank you so much! Have fun and stay safe❤🧡💛💚💙💜

---

As soon as Tony is able to get his arms around Peter, he rockets them both into the sky. He doesn't like the fact that this is the second time he has carried a semiconscious vigilante to the Medbay. Thankfully, Peter seems a lot more aware than he was last time. He has his mask back on to help lessen the effects of the sensory overload, but he still has his hands clamped over his ears to block out the wind.

"That's a big booboo," Peter comments, looking down at his leg. It's glistening with fresh blood from when he was hit by Mysterio's laser. Luckily, the laser cauterized it for the most part and the wound across his abdomen isn't as deep.

"Don't worry, I'll get you some Spidey themed band-aids," Tony assures in a lighthearted tone.

"Dr. Cho's gonna be pissed." Peter chuckles at the thought. Dr. Cho did say that she didn't want to see him in the Medbay again. Oopsies.

"Yeah, can't help you out with that one, kid." Tony glances at his ETA of two minutes. He decides to get Pepper on the phone, not particularly in the mood for a short-tempered Helen or a murderous Aunt May. Pepper answers with a slightly strained voice.

"Oh my god, Tony, do you have him?" she immediately asks.

"Of course I do. Have Helen get prepped, I didn't want to deal with-"

"The communication?" Pepper supplies for him.

"Exactly. See, this is why I love you. Tell her to bring everything she needs up to the penthouse, I'm not dealing with the same shitstorm as last time. Speaking of which, handle the PR, too. Enough is gonna be going on with the news and emphasize that we don't have any comment. Oh, and catch May Parker up on the situation. Have Happy pick her up and drive her to the Tower. How's the news?" Tony asks carefully, not quite sure if he wants to hear the answer.

"Could be better," Pepper answers vaguely.

"Great. See you in a second."

"Fly safe," she urges.

"I've got precious cargo here, Pep. I'm not gonna be doing backflips through the sky," Tony responds sarcastically.

"Watch your tone." With that, Pepper ends the call. Tony turns his attention back to the masked teen in his arms.

"How you doing, kid?"

"I'm so sorry." That wasn't what Tony was expecting to hear. "I'm so, so sorry."

"Pete-"

"I didn't mean it. I didn't mean any of it," Peter forces out, tears flying out of his eyes and into the crisp night air.

"I know you didn't, bud. Don't worry about it. Just focus on you," Tony reassures in a gentle tone.

"Mr. Stark, my stomach hurts. Everything hurts," Peter mumbles. If he could, he'd curl into a ball and shut the world out until his crazed senses calmed down.

"I know, tell me about it. Let it out." Tony quickly rethinks his wording. "But if you vomit, don't vomit on me. Just let me know and you stick your head away from the suit. Don't vomit on me, that's all I'm asking." Peter breathes a laugh.

"No promises," he warns. Then he flinches, seemingly out of nowhere. "But can you calm down, please?" Tony has to tell himself not to scoff.

"Maybe if you didn't go out and get yourself drugged and beat to hell, I'd be more calm. I swear, I should sue you for the amount of years you're taking off my life with all this-"