Special {Prinxiety}

Virgil slammed the front door open, blowing a stray hair from his face. He hastily scanned the room to make sure Prince was nowhere in sight. All he saw instead was Patton sitting on the couch, a blanket draped across his legs with a sketchbook in his lap.

Virgil sighed in relief, practically running towards his father figure. He hopped over the side of the couch, twisting to face Patton.

The other side made a noise of surprise before tilting his head in confusion, "Virgil! How are you?"

Virgil took a deep breath trying to mustur up the courage of what he was about to say, "I went on a walk to clear my mind, but I ended up realizing how fucked I truly am."

Patton gave him a shy smile as he tapped his pencil against his book, "Watch the language there, kiddo"

"I will ignore you just said that because-" Virgil placed both his palms on Patton's knees, "What I realized is that I have feelings for someone."

Patton jumped up, almost knocking Virgil off the couch from the rapid movement. His sketchbook and pencil went tumbling to the ground as he worked to kick off the blanket on top of him, "You have feelings for someone!"

Virgil slammed a hand over Patton's mouth, eyes flailing with warning, "Don't say it so loud! You never know who's listening!" His eyes darted to the doorway where anyone could walk in.

Where he could walk in.

Patton licked his hand who immediately pulled it away in disgust, "Kiddo, don't worry! We're alone!"

He placed both of his hands on Virgil's shoulders, "Now, tell me who you have a crush on!"

Virgil sighed, glancing down at his hands, "See the thing is I'm not sure."

He glanced up to look at Patton who gave him a reassuring nod. Virgil gave him a grateful smile, glad he toned it down just a bit.

"...I think I have feelings for him, but when I think of the dynamic we've had over the years...It makes me doubtful."

Virgil fidgeted in his spot, "I always saw us as frenemies, yes, occasionally we would get along, but the thought of a relationship... scares me."

Patton nodded again as he pulled him into a hug. Virgil snuggled into him, accepting the warmth.

"That's fine, kiddo. Emotions are never black and white. It's all right to feel unsettled by new feelings and changes. Remember how hard it was for me to let go of Thomas' old relationships? I was just as afraid as you are but it got better."

Patton pulled away from the hug, placing a hand on Virgil's cheek, "Don't fear how you feel because you never know how they feel as well."

Virgil nodded, leaning into Patton's hand, "Yeah, you're right. I can't change how I feel. I just have to accept that I have a crush on-"

"A crush!" Roman bounded into the room, eyes wide and mouth curved up into a grin.

Virgil jumped away from Patton almost falling face first onto the floor. Patton turned to beam at Roman, chuckling secretly at the expression on Virgil's face.

"No! No crush here! Nothing to see! Go away!" Virgil yelled out in panic, grabbing a pillow and throwing it at Roman.

Roman yelped as he jumped out of the way, "Watch it! It's not my fault you talk so loud!"

He bounced towards the duo, taking a seat on the table across from them, "Now, spill! Who is this mystery man?"

Virgil's eyes flickered between Patton and Roman as he bit his lip, "You don't know him! Or you do-uh, I don't have to tell you anything!"