Chapter 2. (Almost) A normal day.

Author's POV

'New case' the text message from Hotch said.

Emily sighed and got out of bed.

It was eight o'clock in the morning, and she most of all wanted to roll back onto the other side and sleep for a few more hours.

"Well, work calls. I wonder if serial killers ever sleep." Emily said to herself on her way to the bathroom.

Twenty minutes later she parked outside the BAU.

She went into the conference room, and saw that only Hotch and Garcia were there.

"Morning" Emily said politely. "Morning sunshine!" Garcia said far to cheerie. 'How can she be so happy and loud this early?!' Emily thought to herself, but just smiled at the blonde.

Hotch just smiled and said good morning. Yes you were reading right. - he smiled!

During the next ten minutes, all the others arrieved. JJ last.

"I'm so sorry, I had to drive Henry to my mother.."

"Is Will at work too?" Reid asked.

JJ was quiet at first but then answered him. "Uhm.. I really don't know. He packed up and left us last week. Apparantly he's found another women and is moving in with her..."

"Oh JJ I'm so sorry to hear that!" Emily said embracing her in a hug.

"Don't be. He's been a pain in the *ss. Even Henry seems happier now that he's gone!"

They got all tge info about the case and were getting settled in the jet ready to take off when Hotch's phone called.

The unsub had turned himself in after a victim hd escaped from him, so the local police didn't need their help anymore.

"Uhm.. I guess you all have the day off then." Hotch said..

"Is anyone up for a late brunch?" JJ proposed.

"I'm in!" "Sure" "offcourse" and other approving answers came back. Everyone were in on it, and they all drove to this nearby resturant.

They all had a really good time, and decided to go out and get a drink later that evening, since they had gotten tomorrow off too.

On her way home to JJ , Garcia, Emily and JJ were laughing and talking. They were in JJ's car, the other cara were back at the BAU.

Right when they passed by a supermarket Emily stopped laughing and talking.

"Anything wrong Em?" JJ asked concerned. "Uhm what?" Emily said snapping out of her thoughts.

"Are you okay?" JJ repeated.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just thought I saw someone I used to know.." She answered. It couldn't be him, she must've seen wrong. He's gone. He has to be!

The three womens had a great afternoon. Henry was staying at his grandmothers untill the next day, so JJ really had some time of.

At eight o'clock the friends went to the bar where they had decided to meet up with the guys.

Derek and Spencer were there, and shortly after, Aaron and David came too.

"Woah look at you! No tie or suit?!" Garcia squeeled when she saw Hotch.

He was in dark jeans, an ordinary t-shirt and a leather jacket. It seemed like it was a completely different person.

As the night went along, everyone were having fun and got more and more drinks.

Derek was dancing with different girls, but also Emily. -Actually he danced the most with Emily!

Even Reid was talking to a girl, and she actually seemed intrested in him.

Rossi decided to go home at midnight. He wasn't really into bars..

Garcia was being.. Well, Garcia! He was dancing around talking to different guys and having a great time.

Hotch wasn't much of a dancer, so he was sitting at tye bar watching the others.

JJ came over to him after dancing for a while.

Exhausted she bumped down in the chair next to Hotch and ordered a drink.

"So you having fun?" Hotch asked smiling.

JJ took her drink and turned to Hotch. "Yeah it's okay. How about you? Why don't you dance?!"

"Oh I'm not drunk enough to go up on the dancefloor just yet!" He said smiling, nodding towards the drink that he had been sitting with for a pretty long time without finishing it.

"Then bottoms up, and take me to the dance floor!" JJ ordered smiling and finishing her drink.

At first Hotch shook his head, but when JJ practically pulled him up from the chair, he took his drink, drank it all up in one, and then led JJ to the middle of the dance floor!

Meanwhile, Derek and Emily were dancing in the other end of the dance floor.

"I'm exhausted, wanna go outside to get some fresh air?" Emily said into Derek's ear.

She took his hand and they went outside.

A few other people were standing around the bar entrance, so Derek and Emily went and sat down on a nearby bench.

They just sat there in silence for a while. Not an awkward silence, but an okay one.

Then there came this guy and sat right next to Emily. Far to close for Derek's liking. When the guy opened his mouth to say something to Emily, Derek moved a bit closer and pit his arm around her. The guy looked at him. "She's with you?" He asked.

"Yeah she is, and I would appreciate if you would leave us alone!" Derek snapped.

The guy left right away, looking confused.

"Sorry I jus-." Derek began, while he started to take back his arm, but Emily stopped him. "It's okay. Please hold me."

Derek put his arm back around her, and she rested her head on his shoulder.

They sat like this for awhile untill they decided to go back in.

They danced again, and this time it was slower music.

At the end of the song, they were just staring into each others eyes.

"God I would like to kiss you right now!" Derek whispered into her ear. "What's holding you back?"

"The fact that our boss is a few feets away from us."

Emily took a quick look at Hotch. "Well he's busy making out with another agent, so I don't see why we couldn't.." Emily whispered teasingly.

Derek looked over at Hotch, and to his surprise he saw the boss in a make out session with no other than Jennifer Jereau.

He turned back to Emily, and pulled her closer, putting his lips gently on hers. His heart was beating faster as the kiss got more and more passionate. Both of them were all lost in the kiss, but the need for air got too much, and when they broke apart, Garcia stood there watching and smiling overly excited at them.

Emily and Derek ignored her, and Emily told him that she'd better get going now.

Derek offered her to follow her home, and she took the offer. They went hand in hand back to her place, while the others were back at the bar not even noticing that the two of them had left together.