Chapter 12 Into the light.

||/ so sorry for the late update!! We have family visit and stuff:P I just want to wish you all a belated Merry Chridtmas and an early happy New Year!!:D
Please vote&review and if you want you can follow me on IG : mikala_svuminds :) \\|

Emily's POV
I blinked at the bright light. It was the brighest thing I had ever seen.
If I listened closely I could hear people talk. Laugh. I didn't really know if I was supposed to walk in there or not...
I took a few steps towards the light.
More laughter. And now I could also see some people. Childrens and old people, everyone were talking and laughing, all the children were running around playing and all the adults were chatting. No one seemed being held out or ignored, no one seemed unhappy or sick. It was like a giant garden. No skyscrapers, no smoke from chimneys, just a giant garden with tons of trees and flowers, and small little houses.
Without knowing it I had walked closer and closer to the light.
I was right infront of the entry, ready to walk in when I remembered.
I remembered my babygirl. I remembered my team. I hesitated.
Then I remembered Ian.
I didn't ever want to see him again. My baby would be well taken care of by someone in the team. JJ maybe, or Derek..
I turned back to the light, took a deep breathe , but just as I was gonna take that one step missing, I saw the light dissapear, and instead darkness came upon me once again.
Only this time I could hear voices.
"She's back!" Probably a doctor.
"Surgery's over. I don't know if she'll wake up or not, so don't get your hopes up.. She nearly died on us on the table. You can stay here with her, but only one at the time."
Then footsteps and a door closed.
Someone took my hand.
"Emily I don't even know if you can hear me. I'm so happy you made it through surgery. You have no idea how worried and scared we've been. Gosh Emily, I haven't slept properly for months! Please wake up. Please. I love you so much Emily, please wake up. I want to raise our daughter up together. I want a life with you. I want to marry you. Please just open your eyes so I can ask you to marry me. Please." His voice craked over and I heard him cry silently.
I heard it all. Derek poured out his heart to me. He loved me. No one has ever told me they loved me before and really meant it. But he did. I could hear it in his voice.
I smiled and slowly opened my eyes.
"Yes" I said weakly.
His head shot up from the side of the bed.
"Wh-what?"
"Yes I'll marry you."