Chapter 5. Surviving the first few weeks

Author's POV

Emily had been gone for two weeks now.

The team hadtried everything possible, but the had nothing. Ian Doyle and Emily Prentiss had vanished into thin air. No leeds, no car tracks, no new surveilance videos, nothing.

After another long day of no news, Hotch called the team into the conference room.

"I really don't want to say this but I have to." He started out.

"It's been two weeks. We know Ian. It is possible that he still wants Lauren, but we have to be realistic. I don't know if Emily can be Lauren again. We have to embrace ourselves. It is possible that Ian will snap and kill her. We have nothing to go on, and the boss want's us to re-focus on other cases."

Hotch was interrupted by Morgan, "we can't just give up on her!!"

"We're not! We have hit a dead end and there's nothing we can do untill new leads show up. We will follow this case from the sideline. If Emilyhas become Lauren again, there can go months or even years before he can build up Ian's trust. Only the he will give her some privacy, and she'll maybe manage to escape. I'm sorry."

___

Emily was in the bathroom.

In the past two weeks, Ian had raped her just once. That was the third day she was here. A few days ago she had started to have morning sickness, and had thrown up several times. This had continued, and today, Ian gave her a pregnancy test and told her to go to the bathroom.

She had take the test and was now waiting scared to see the result.

The alarm she had set went of, and Emily took a deep breath before turning to look at the test.

Her heart stopped for a sec. when she saw the one word that would change her life forever. Pregnant. Tears started to run down her cheeks, and she had to grab the counter in order to stay on her feets.

She couldn't have Ian's baby. She couldn't!

She jumped when there was a loud knock on the door.

"Lauren you've been there for ages! What was the bloody result?!" Ian's angry voice yelled.

The quickly wiped away the tears and got control of her quick breathing.

She opened the door and silently walked out to the waiting Ian and handed him the test.

He looked at it, and then he gave Emily a big hug. A hug she didn't return.

"We're gonna have a baby." Ian saud happier than ever.

That moment Emily made the worst decision of her life. But a decision she had to make in order to stay alive.

She decided to become Lauren again. Lauren loved Ian, but Emily didn't. Now she decided not to be Emily anymore, it was like a switch she could turn off.

Emily left her body, and Lauren entered.

Lauren was happy. Ian still hugged her, and Lauren returned the hug. They were having a baby.

|// thoughts?\\|