Chapter One

I sat on an old beat up couch staring intently at the wall. Another sleepless night for me. I held a cup of water in my hand as my brain replayed a horrifying memory. The memory repeats in my head over and over, my hand clenched onto the cup as the other formed into a fist. The past is in the past and we are okay now. Slowly I stand and take the cup into the kitchen. The water was downed quickly before the thought of stepping out to get some air and stretch my wings sounded good. I quietly stepped out the door and sighed out. I rolled my shoulders before two beautiful white wings with black tips slowly unfolded from my back. They stretched to eight feet and looked beautiful under the moonlight. I started to flap my wings before I took a running start and started to ascend into the air. Dust danced in the air from where I took off. I look down at the ground as I feel the air blowing into my face, waking me from my tired state. 

It was only a few minutes of flying before I decided to land onto the roof of our house. I folded up my wings as I sat down and looked up at the night sky. 

"Nice night, isn't it?"

Fuck! I twitch and swerve my head towards Fang. He sat on the edge of the roof, right above his bedroom window. My stare hardens as I cross my arms. "Fuck you, if I hadn't known it was you I would have slammed you down onto the ground and rip out your throat." 

"Whoa, you're so hostile. You were the one who landed on the roof loudly." Fang made a face of mock surprise before he slipped off the edge and landed in his window. "Goodnight (y/n)." 

I sigh and watch Fang leave. "Night." I suppose I should go back inside and try to sleep. I slipped off the roof and landed on my feet and made my way inside through the back door.

 I walked to my shared room with Max, I closed the door quietly and I slipped into bed. I've gotten better at sneaking out, when I first started slipping out of the room Max would wake up, tiredly ask what's up and pull me back to bed and cuddled with me until I fell asleep. I don't want to bother Max anymore and always rely on her. I'm a big girl and Max needs all of her sleep to take care of the rest of the flock. Haha, I think being sneaky is my power or something. That would be kind of cool, would be easier to prank Iggy. 

Anyways, time to lay in bed and wait for morning. 

~~~~~~~~~~

I hope this is good so far! I noticed that this book got really popular and I wanted to make it better and more enjoyable for people to read. I apologize in advance for any spelling errors or grammatical mistakes. 

Also, should I delete the old chapters or keep them? They're kind of embarrassing and I want to delete them, but if you guys want me to keep them up, I can.