Chapter Five

Iggy stayed behind the flock and kept me at a safe distance as Fang advanced forward and attacked the car. There was so much noise going on that distracted Iggy so I told him to stay and wait. Max screamed something at Nudge before I watched a grenade descend and explode near Nudge. Gasman caught her before she plopped to the ground. My ears rung and I bet Iggy's was even worse. 

Max went after the chopper as I told Iggy to fly closer towards Nudge and Gazzy. "She seems fine, but the shock of the grenade will keep her out of it for awhile."

Max came back down in defeat and we watched the chopper fade off into the distance. We all vented our panic and frustrations. Max couldn't take it and fled deeper into the forest tears cascading down her face. The rest of us decided to give her time and slowly made our way home. 

We all gathered in the kitchen and sat in silence. Iggy screamed out in frustration and swept his hand across the kitchen counter. The dishes on the counter flew and a mug managed to hit Fang on the side of his head. 

"Watch it idiot!" Fang yelled at Iggy before he became quiet and clenched his fists. Iggy's yelled out at everyone, his frustration caused his face to turn red.

"Max..." I quietly called out Max's name before I got up and brought the first aid over. She gathered a handful of bandages as I went over to the broken dishes and scooped up the shattered porcelain. 

Gazzy quickly retorted before he paused and let Max bandaged him up.

The cuts the dishes gave me didn't hurt me, not as much as the pain from losing our youngest member. I cleaned it up quietly before I quickly got some gauze and wrapped it around my bloody hand. 

"(y/n)." Fang approached me and carefully used a tissue to pick away the dried blood from my nose. I thanked him before I placed a band-aid on my bruised nose. Max finished tending to everyone's injuries before she stood still clearly holding in her frustrations. 

Nudge and Iggy sat on the couch as Gazzy quietly talked to Max. I sigh and leaned against the counter. "This is a nightmare..." 

Nudge then stood from the coach and spoke, " You know if they just wanted to kill her, or kill all of us they could have. They had guns. They wanted Angel alive for some reason. And they didn't care if we were alive or not. I mean, they didn't go out of their way to make sure we were dead, is what I'm saying. So that makes me think we have time to go after Angel again."

Gasman spoke up and pointed out that they had a chopper and they could have gone anywhere. 

"We know where they took her." Fang's words caused my stomach to drop. 

I looked to him in worry, "You don't mean..."

"The school." Fang and Max said at the same time.

As soon as those words slipped past their lips the air became tense as my shoulders began to shake. "No..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enjoy this lovely photo of Fang that I found on the internet. He's so beautiful. Hope you enjoyed!