Arranged Marriage (Part 1)

Jennie POV

My wife has been bothering me. She's my wife, I know, but she still bothers me. Maybe if we were actually in love then maybe I'll be able to tolerate her more, but that is not the reason why we got married. Wanna know how I got married to that hot, son of a bitch? Well, let me tell you.

Lisa's father is the chairman of Manoban Group of Companies, in short, Lisa's family is really, really, really rich, the only problem is that Lisa is the only child of the Manobans and Mr. Manoban really wants to see his only child have a child so he'll be at ease knowing that there'd be someone next in their line of kin. That's where I come in. I'm a daughter of a struggling business man and Mr. Manoban chose me to be his child's bride in exchange of a deal; he saves my father's company and in exchange, I become his child's child barer. Lovely deal, right?

When I heard of Mr. Manoban's deal, I knew my father wouldn't be able to say no to it and that's when I knew my future was already set. That didn't stop me from putting up a fight though, but in the end, obviously, I lost because now I'm married.

Lisa would be the perfect wife material if it weren't for the one thing she lacks. She's good looking, hard working, kind but really, she lacks affection. I would've fallen in love with her by now if she treats me like her wife and not a stranger that lives in the same house as her. We barely talk to each other and she doesn't even kiss me. Call me what ever you want but I'm into romantic things.

Our fathers tried so hard on making us like each other by setting us up on fancy dates like the one we went to on our first date, it was at the top of the Eiffel Tower that Mr. Manoban had privatised so we could have it for the night. I tried so hard to make conversations with Lisa then, God knows I did, but ugh, she just wouldn't cooperate. She'd be on her phone talking to her friends as we were having dinner. Unbelievable.

One thing I'm really thankful for though is she hasn't tried anything with me. We've kissed a couple of times, but that's it. I take sex very seriously and promised myself I wouldn't give up my virginity to anyone other than my husband and I would only do it in the name of love.

I've been married to Lisa for almost a year now and since then, my life has become boring. I live in a big house with her with twelve maids. I know, right? Twelve maids? I had maids back at my family home but we only had seven and there were four of us. She leaves for work right before I wake and she usually gets back at around ten, sometimes twelve. While she's out, I do some baking, painting and sometimes I lounge outside to get a tan but when that's all I do every single day for almost three hundred and sixty five day, it gets old and boring.

Right now, I'm sitting on the couch and tuning in to my current favourite show, The Bachelorette. It's a replay I found and this is my sixth episode for the day. I look up and see that it's one at midnight. I've been too engrossed with the show that I did not notice that so much time has gone pass. Where's Lisa? I start to wonder. She should be home by now.

Right on cue, the door opens and in come a stumbling Lisa. I walk to her to help her and as I get closer, I start to smell alcohol on her. She's drunk, great. "Where did you go?" I asks.

"Hi, wife." She greets instead and jeez, I never knew she's this heavy. It'll make going up the stairs ten times harder in her current state. "You smell so good, wife." She nuzzles her face on my neck, sending shiver down my spine, and takes a sniff of me.

Slowly, I push her back. "That's because you smell like alcohol." I try directing her body towards the stairs but she's so much stronger than me and I end up sitting on her lap on the couch where I was just situated at.