Forbidden

Lisa wakes up to the sound of the waves crashing against the sand. When she opens her eyes, the white curtain blowing on the air's rhythm revealing the perfect sky above is the first thing she sees and a contented smile forms on her lips

She loves waking up like this and she never takes it for granted. This is as perfect as her life can get and she cannot afford to be ungrateful for it even for a second.

Jennie slowly stirs awake next to her and Lisa watches as the girl who owns her heart slowly get conscious and open her eyes.

"Good morning," Lisa greets with a calm smile on her lips as Jennie wakes up. She's perched on her side to give her the perfect view of the love of her life.

"Morning." Jennie greets back, trying her best to return the younger lady's lovely smile. Being greeted by Lisa is something she wishes she can wake up to everyday. Seeing the blonde's gentle smile and hazel brown eyes puts her at ease and gives her that warm and fuzzy feeling inside that she does not get from anyone else.

Eventually the two sat up on their bed but made no further movement to get out of it. Jennie is leaning against Lisa's front while Lisa's long arms are wrapped around Jennie's middle. Together, they look out to the view of the ocean and savour the moment they're in. The crashing waves, the gulls cawing and the thought of being on each other's arms makes them forget about everything and anything on the outside.

Lisa starts trailing her hand on the length of Jennie's arm up to her shoulders. She wants the feeling of the older lady's body engraved in her head, from the slightest bump, blemish and imperfection in case they don't see each other again for a while. She wants to be able to recall what Jennie feels like on the coming nights that she will be alone.

"Lisa," Jennie calls lightly to remind that they're still together.

"Run away with me." Lisa blurts wholeheartedly. 

Jennie turns around to search the other girl's eyes and she found nothing but sincerity. It warms and breaks her heart at the same time. It makes her happy to see that Lisa meant every single word she said but it breaks her heart that she's also willing to loose everything she has just to be with her.

Carefully, she caresses Lisa's face and whispers sadly, "I can't."

Lisa knows Jennie can't.

Together, they return their gazes back at the ocean and Lisa instinctively tightened her hold on Jennie. Jennie places her hand on Lisa's and leans her head back on her chest. 

"I'll cook you breakfast everyday." Lisa says in Jennie's ears.

"I'm sure you will." Jennie responds, eyes still on the ocean.

"We'll walk by the beach every morning."

"I'd love that."

"We'll watch all the crappy movies you want while drinking cheap wine."

"That doesn't sound bad." A serene smile is on Jennie's lips

Lisa nuzzles her face further on the crook of Jennie's neck. "We'll paint all afternoon with the sight of the ocean in front of us and we'll shower together at night."

"You're tempting me."

Suddenly, the sound of Jennie's phone buzzing interrupts them.

"Sorry," Jennie apologises. Lisa loosens her hold and nods, indicating her to pick up the call. "I'll be quick." She pecks Lisa's lips before standing up from the bed, covered in nothing but the sheets and picks up her phone. "Hello?"

Lisa watches Jennie as she talk on the phone. Longing is already starting to build inside of her as she knows the time for them to part again is soon but she reminds herself that Jennie is still with her.

"Oh, really?" Jennie feigns an excited voice but she can't, not as she looks at Lisa in the eyes. "That's great." She diverts her eyes away from the blonde beauty and starts picking on her nails instead. "I'll see you this afternoon. Bye." As she says the last words, she sneaks a look at her lover, "yeah, love you too." But her words are hallow because she only mean those words to one person.

The lovers return to their previews position but they can both feel the tension. Jennie speaks first. "Bambam will be back today instead of tomorrow. I need to be back by this afternoon."

"Okay," Lisa answers simply.

Jennie fixes her position so that she's face to face with the person she loves the most. Gently, she cups Lisa's face on her hands. "I love you." There's a smile on her lips that reminds Lisa that Jennie's heart is just hers.

Slowly, the same smile emerges from Lisa. "I love you, too."

Once both of them feels assured with each other's love, Jennie turns back around around and leans on Lisa once again. Jennie grabs the blonde's hands from behind her and wraps it around her middle herself.

"So you were telling me about the seven dogs we'll get?"

"Seven dogs?" Lisa asks. "Oh, yes. We'll get seven dogs and we'll name them after the days of the week because you know how bad I am at remembering names."

And they return back to fantasising about the life they would have together, knowing full well and already accepting that it will never be anything more than a fantasy.

Three hours later, Lisa pulls up in front of the Manoban mansion but neither her or Jennie gets out. It's been quite a while since Lisa saw a glimpse of the house she grew up in, now the house her half brother, Bambam, and his wife.

"Beautiful place, isn't it?" Lisa mutters as she examines the house from the window of her car.

Jennie, too, is looking outside. "Gorgeous."

"That balcony right there on the second floor of the east wing is where I got my head stuck on when I was eight." Lisa points to the one of the most memorable place of the mansion for her from her car.

"I heard that you were a naughty kid."

"I was."

Silence fills the car after that, yet neither of them still made a move to go out.

"When will I see you again?" Lisa finally asks. Her head is turned to Jennie but the older girl is too scared to meet her eyes.

"I don't know."

Lisa nods. She understand. "Go on now. I'm sure your husband misses you."

Lisa reaches between them and grabs a hold of Jennie's hand. She caresses the back of it using the pad of her thumbs before bringing it up to her lips where she lays what could possibly be the last kiss she'll ever give Jennie.

Because that's how their relationship is; forbidden.