Never Too Late

Jennie transferred to Seoul High six months ago and already on her first day, despite already getting looks of attraction from other students, she had her eyes set on a certain someone. And by a certain someone, she meant the mischievous, crazy blonde haired girl, Lisa Manoban.

Lisa's craziness attracted Jennie towards her on her first day at Seoul High when Lisa rocked up late to their Biology class.

Mr. Kwon was showing the class a powerpoint presentation about amino acids when a blonde in baggy pants with black and white checkered pattern running down the sides, baggy sweater and a beanie walked in casually.

"Miss Manoban, do you have a late pass?" He asked in a manner in which he already knew the answer to. He knew his question was basically a rhetorical question since he knew, everybody knew, that Lisa didn't have a late pass with her. She never did.

"Did anybody else hear that?" Lisa asked the class and pretended Mr. Kwon didn't just talk to him. The whole class laughed, including Jennie.

"Miss Manoban." Mr. Kwon said sternly. He was very used to this attitude of Lisa, Jennie could tell, because if he wasn't, he wouldn't have been dealing with her antics and would've sent her straight to the principal's office. Lisa finally spared Mr. Kwon her attention. "Will you finally grace me with a late pass from you?" He asked for the third time.

"What's with your fetish on getting a late pass out of me, Mr. Kwon?" Lisa's choice of word made the class cackle again. She circled her teacher while he looked at her questioningly. "You know, Mr. Kwon, correct me if I'm wrong because you're the teacher here and I'm just the student, but I heard that weird fixations causes baldness."

Lisa's obviously false and made up statement made Mr. Kwon touch his head, where in fact, his hairs were thinning. That concerned him that he even grimaced at his receding hairline.

Lisa was amusing, that's for sure. Those were Jennie's already established view on Lisa just on the first day.

"This is no time to discuss facts, if that was even one. Late pass?" He stuck out his hand.

Lisa shook her head. "Sorry, no late pass. A high five will have to do today." And with that, she gave Mr. Kwon's hand a high five before she carried on and made her way to her seat which was located one row below Jennie so she saw when Lisa gave her friends a high five and patted her.

Mr. Kwon just shook his head and got back to his power point.

Over time Jennie and Lisa became friends because Lisa was really friendly. If it wasn't for Lisa asking Jennie one day out of the blue when Lisa sat next to Jennie during their Bio class if she had any Pokemon cards she would like to trade with Lisa, their friendship wouldn't bloom nor would it even start.

Jennie's response when Lisa talked to her were, "you're 18 and you still trade Pokemon cards?" She had to whisper because Mr. Kwon was saying something in front.

"Yeah." Lisa was looking at her dumbly. "Along with buying Kinder Surprise and getting a kiddie meal from McDonald's. Something wrong with that?"

Jennie shook her head.

The more Jennie talked to Lisa, the more attracted to the blonde she got. It was no secret that she was already crushing on Lisa the first day but spending more time with Lisa made her realise that underneath all that hilarious, crazy and daring personality that Lisa has which she was already attracted to, there was another layer on the blonde that Jennie would also be attracted to. Lisa is also deeply concerned about the environment, loves Nicholas Sparks novels and has a playlist on her phone titled 'Depressing Shit' for when she's sad.