4

Damon pov:

I was sitting on the broken block of stone just thinking, nothing in particular just thinking about everything.

Going all the way back to 1864 to this day and what happen at that abandon house.

Listening to the crickets chirp, hearing the trees move caused by the wind.

Memberies passing in my mind I look up at what's left of the house which was nothing but stones on the floor, the two statues, and stuff that was becoming one with the Earth as it has been bury over time by dirt.

(Memory)

"Come on Damon why can't you be more like Stefan? More loose and rebel~"

"I am not like Stefan because I am older and more mature."

"Damon please! For me?"

"I am sorry Katherine but I am my own person, now if you excuse me I have to attend to some work."

Damon walked out of the boarding house not actually going to work. He goes outside and sits in the field of grass, watching the cows and horses stray from one place to the other.

"Are you alright?"

Damon looks to his right to see Elijah standing there looking down at him. Damon sighs turning his head back to the horses.

"It's Katherine again."

Damon sees from the corner of his eyes Elijah sit down in the field next to him.

"What was it that Katerina did this time?"

"She said that she would like for me to be more like Stefan to let loose and to be the rebel type he is."

"Oh I see, well I like you for how you are now so I do not think you need to change at all."

"Thanks."

"Katerina wants you to be more like Stefan so she can drag you along easier, get to you better."

"Kater-Katherine does not do that. She does not drag me around like some puppet!"

"Damon I have known Katerina longer than you have she is using you so she does not get bored."

"That is not true! I am not some toy to be used then thrown away!"

"Damon for your own safety stay away from katerina she is no good."

"Katherine is kind and good! I do not know what happen between you and Katherine but she is not like that!"

"Damon please stay-"

"No I will not stay away from the girl I love!"

"You do not love her."

"Excuse me?"

"Damon you may be human but I am an Original. I have been around long enough to understand how your feelings work. You can tell me you love her but that little heart of yours tells me other wise."

Damon stares straight at Elijah knowing that he was caught in his little act that he played off all so well.

Damon starts to feel his face heat up seeing Elijah smirking, he turns his head the other way hoping he would calm down that his face would go back to it's normal color and not be red like it is.