Chapter 3 The Beginnings

Elizabeth POV

"This is not how I imagined my first day..." Leon mumbled.

"Well, the life of a cop is not easy" I said, walking inside the reception room.

"I mean..." Leon began.

"I'm just teasing you" I interrupted, looking around the room for any useful stuff that we could use.

I found a green herb and a box of ammo with a total of 11 bullets inside. I gave Leon the box of ammo because I knew he only had a small amount with him. While I had a total of 60 bullets.

"C'mon" Leon said.

We walked through the room to the far side, then turned left to find a door. Leon grabbed the knob, before slowly pushing the door opened. It was pitch black on the other side of the door. We took out our flashlights and flicked it on. Immediately, I noticed the fallen body of an officer at the end of the hall.

'It's he dead?' I thought.

"This is 73-Bird... for rescue... heading east... River"

We were able to hear the officer's radio, but we didn't see a physical reply from him. I tightened my grip in my metal bat just in case the officer was one of them. Just then, I saw Leon crouched down to take a closer look at the body. I watched him slowly tilts the officer's head back. I quickly flashed my flashlight at its face revealed a large red gash across its cheekbone and down the officer's skin.

"Omg!" I said, backing away from the bloody body with a horrified look in my face.

"Oh... Oh, what the fuck?!" Leon exclaimed.

*CLANK*

Immediately, we turned around to face the direction that the noise had come from.

"What was that?" I asked.

"I don't know, but it looks like we are about to find out" Leon replied, slowly walking around another officer's body which was hanging from the ceiling.

I kept my distance while I followed Leon, who was keeping his guard just in case another one of those creatures showed up. I stopped and looked at the two dead officers.

"I'm sorry, guys" I whispered.

Just then, I heard glass shattering. I quickly run ahead and found Leon struggling with a zombie, who was trying to take a huge bite out of Leon's neck. Immediately, I took a hold of my metal bat and hit the zombie's head. The zombie went flying to a nearby wall where I then crashed his head with another strong hit of my bat.

"Are you alright, Leon?" I asked, helping him to his feet.

"Yeah, thank you" he replied. I smiled.

"No problem" I said, before walking ahead. We then entered a room which I immediately recognized as the operating room.

"Let's look around for any useful stuff" Leon said. I nodded.

We found a box of ammo with a total of six bullets. A map of the 1F. We also found a Record of Events letter. I walked over to the only door there but found it locked with a pair of chains.

"It looks like we need to find another way out of here" Leon said.

"How about the window?" I asked, pointing at the broken window.

"Good, I will go first" he said.

I watched him quickly climbed the box and slowly squeeze through the window. I then heard two shots from the other side and was about to ask him 'what was that?'...