Chapter 5 Claire

Elizabeth POV

I walked over to the ladder and noticed a zombie eating a person. I made a face of disgust before taking my gun out and shooting the zombie straight in the head.

“Well, that took care of that” I said, putting my gun away.

“C’mon” Leon said.

We cross to the other side by using the walkway in the middle of the room. Just then, I heard some groans and growl. I looked down and noticed another zombie. It was coming up the stairs to the right. I was about to aim my gun at it, but Leon beat me to it. Leon walked downstairs to check if there were any more zombies. I was about to follow him, but I looked back and I noticed a door on the far end.

‘If am right, that door will lead us to the third-floor main hall’ I thought.

I walked over to the door, but before I had the chance to cross the walkway to the door, the floor beneath me broke. I ended up crashing through the floor and landing painfully on my back.

“Midnight!” Leon yelled.

I heard some shooting before seeing Leon running to me. He quickly helped me stand up.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

“Yeah, I think so” I replied, rubbing my back and dusting myself.

“Please, be more careful next time” Leon said.

“I will… Uh… Thank you” I said.

“No problem” he replied with a smile that made my heart skip a beat.

We decided to look around and check the room before leaving. Leon found a box handgun ammo behind one of the rolling bookshelves. I found a red book on a table that for some kind of reason it looked familiar. I don't know why, but I decided to keep it and put it inside my bag.

Before going to the main hall we entered a door that was at the bottom of the stairs. Inside, we found another of the statues from Elliot's notebook. It was the unicorn statue.

“Yes” I said, walking over to the unicorn statue.

“What now?” Leon asked.

“Just tell me which symbols did Elliot put on his notebook with the unicorn statue drawing” I said.

I watched Leon flipped through Elliot's notebook until he found the statues drawings.

“Okay, he drew a fish symbol, a scorpion symbol, and a water hug symbol” Leon said. I nodded and enter the three symbol. I then watched the statue symbol on the middle opened up and it gave us the unicorn medallion.

“There, one down, two more to go” I said, walking back to the library, but not before grabbing a map of the police station upper floors from a stand and some gunpowder from a table.

“Leon, do you have the blue spade key?” I asked.

“Yeah, why?” he asked.

“We need the key to open this door and be able to go to the main hall” I replied.

“Right” Leon replied, taking the blue spade key that I give him to keep safe out. He then opened the door and we ended up on the second floor of the main hall.  

We walked all the way to the end of the hallway then turned right and guess what we found. We found the last statue on Elliot's notebook. It was in the main hall all this time.

‘I knew it that I had seen this statue before' I thought.

Leon immediately walked over to the statue. He then entered the three symbols that were on Elliot’s notebook to the statue. This time, It was a lion symbol, a branch symbol, and a bird symbol. Leon took the lion medallion and handed it to me.