Chapter 9 Tyrant

Elizabeth POV

I immediately woke up when I heard growling outside. I slowly opened my eyes. 

“Ah!” I yelled.

I scream and back away when I saw a zombie dog’s face in the window of the police car. It immediately began to bark and hit the window. I heard the window began to break. I panic and quickly took my gun in my hand just when the dog broke the window and jumped at me. I shot the dog’s head into pieces before it could reach me. 

“Oh my God, I think I’m gonna, puke” I said.

I quickly push the door open and kicked the dog’s body out of the car. I got out and use a white handkerchief that I found on the car to clean most of the dog’s blood from my body.

I then heard running and a door opening. I turned to my left and saw Leon. 

“Leon” I called.

“Midnight” he said immediately running to my side. 

“Are you alright? What happened?” he asked.

“I woke up and the first thing I saw was the dog’s face in the window of the car and it scared me. It then broke the window, but luckily for me, I got my gun and shot its head into pieces” I explained.

“But you’re alright, right?” he asked.

“Yeah, I am” I replied with a smile. He nodded. 

“C’mon” he said, taking my hand in his.

“Where?” I asked.

“The jail” he replied.

“I have the electronic parts to open the cell to get the parking garage key card” he said, taking me back to the holding cells. 

We immediately ran back to the cell where Ben was killed. Leon then place both electronic parts in the wall panel. Now we needed to solve some kind of puzzle. We needed to make sure the circuits connect with each other. 

“Mmm… Midnight, do you know how to do this?” Leon asked after his fifth time trying to connect them but failed miserably. I smirked.

“Sure... Step aside, homeboy. Let a real master do this” I said. 

I saw him roll his eyes playfully before laying a soft kiss on my neck, making me chuckled before trying it and got the right combination on my second try. The cell door opened and Leon walked inside. He then found a note that belonged to Ben. 

Ben’s Memo

This station swarming with monsters. 

Even here I can hear their cries. 

But it’s not the zombies I’m afraid of.

Codename: Tyrant.

The ultimate bioweapon, developed by those bastards in the utmost secrecy. To think that thing might be wandering around here…

Chances are they’ve ordered it to wipe out the witnesses. 

“Tyrant?” I asked. 

I had asked when Leon was finished reading the letter out loud. Leon nodded. I felt a goosebump curled up my spine when I said that name. I slowly walk over to Ben’s body and picked the parking garage key car from his neck. 

“Huh?” I heard Leon said.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“What’s that?” Leon asked.