Chapter 4 Searching

Elizabeth POV

We left the darkroom and went back to the hallway. This time we took the stairs up to the second floor. At the top of the stairs, we found the body of a fallen woman officer in the corner. I looked down at her and found some handgun ammo near her. I quickly picked it up and decided to keep it this time.

"Midnight, are you coming?" Leon called out.

"Going" I replied back, before running to catch up to him.

We continued along the hallway, but past the stairs up and went into the men's locker room because the hallway was blocked. We found some red herb on the floor near the janitor's cart before going inside the men's locker room. Inside the men's locker room we found that the valve near the entrance to the showers was broken and steam blocked the doorway.

"Well, looks like we will need to find something to close this if we want to cross" I said, standing near the lockers to the left.

"Yeah" Leon replied.

Just then, Leon opened the locker next to me. I turned my body around just in time to see a zombie come out of the locker. I tried to quickly back away but ended up tripping and land in my ass. The zombie fell to the ground with me. Immediately, Leon helped me push the dead body of the zombie janitor off my body.

"What the fuck, Leon!" I yelled, standing up.

"Wow, Midnight! I'm sorry!" he replied with his hands up in the air. I sigh.

"I will not kill you only because you're the only other survivor that I know is alive, other than Marvin and Claire" I said.

"Gee, thanks... I guess" Leon replied.

"Don't thank me, Leon. Thank the zombie apocalypse" I said, walking over to check the other lockers on the right side. I found some shotgun ammo and a portable safe.

"What did you find?" Leon asked.

"Shotgun ammo and a portable safe" I replied.

"You?" I asked.

"Nothing, but a locked locker" Leon replied.

"Mmm" was replied, while I examine the portable safe.

'I think I remember Marvin using one of this' I thought.

"Do you know how to open it?" Leon asked.

"Nope" I replied. He chuckled.

"Here" he said, taking the portable safe away from me.

A couple of minutes later, Leon had the portable safe opened. Inside the portable safe there was a spare key.

"Hey, we can use this as a spare key for one of the missing keys at the safety deposit room" I said.

"Yeah, let's go" Leon said.

We headed back out to the stairwell. Just then, I heard some grunts and growls. We looked up and saw a zombie near the stairs.

"You or I?" I said.

"It would be better if you do" Leon said.

"Why? Scared?" I asked, looking at him with an amused smile.

"No, but like this, we won't waste any ammo" Leon said.

"Mmm, good point" I said, walking over to the zombie with my metal bat and crush its head on the wall.

"There... Let's go" I said. Leon nodded.

We head downstairs and continue along the first floor until we returned to the safety deposit room. Inside, Leon placed the spare key in the slot where there should be a 2.