Chapter 12 LOVE

Leon POV

I immediately pulled the switch down to open the garage room door.

“Midnight! Ada! Where are you?!” I yelled.

“Over here!” I heard Ada yelled.

I immediately ran over to where I heard her voice. I found her leaning on the wall. She was also kneeling down next to Midnight. My eyes widen when I saw the state that Midnight was on.

“Hurry! I need help!” Ada yelled. I immediately run to their side.

“What happened?” I asked.

“No time to explain. We need to get this out of her to stop the bleeding or she will die” Ada said.

“I don’t know” I said.

“C’mon! She will die if we don’t do anything!” Ada yelled.

Just then, I saw Midnight’s eyes move. She opened her eyes. Her eyes then landed on me. She weakly smiled.

“L… Leon” she said. I saw tears forming in her beautiful eyes.

“It… hurts… please… make it… stop” she said.

“Midnight” I said, touching her soft skin with my hand. I saw her smile one last time.

“E… Eliza… Elizabeth” 

That was all she said before closing her eyes.

“Midnight… Midnight!” I yelled. I looked at Ada and nodded.

So, with the help of Ada, we pulled the metal piece out of her body. Immediately we began to stop the bleeding then use an aid spray to help it heal a little and finally wrapped the wound with some bandages. I then changed her head bandages when I noticed that they were stained with blood.

‘She must have hit her head again’ I thought.  

I then helped Ada with her thigh. I pulled the metal piece out then used some bandages to wrap it. 

“So, what do we do now?” Leon asked.

“Get yourself and her out of here while you two still can” Ada said.

“I’m not just going to leave you. Not like this” I replied. 

“You don’t understand. The situación’s worse than I thought” Ada said.

“You’re not getting rid of me that easy. You protected us. Now it’s my turn” I said. I saw her shake her head.

“I didn’t realize we were keeping score” Ada said. I chuckled. 

I then helped her stand up then walked over to Midnight’s body and picked her up bridal style. 

“Are you okay walking without help?” I asked.

“You want to help?” Ada asked.

“We have to get to the NEST” Ada added.

“NEST?” I asked.

“Umbrella’s lab. Right beneath us. Annette let it slip. That’s where the virus samples are” Ada explained.

“You up for this?” Ada asked. 

I looked at her before looking at Midnight’s face resting so peacefully on my chest before looking at Ada again with determination.

“Think I can fit it in my schedule” I replied with a smirk. Ada nodded.

“C’mon on, we got work to do” Ada replied.

“Yes, ma’am” I replied.

I walked out of the garbage room with Midnight. 

“The cable car will take us down to NEST. This wristband’s our ticket to ride” Ada said.

I began to make my way up the stairs.

“Nice” I said.

"Where’d you get that?” I asked.

“Borrowed it. Anyway, we’re almost there” Ada said. I walked to the cable car.

“That should take us where we need to go” Ada said.

I then watched her used the wristband she had on her wrist to open the door and that allowed us to walk inside. Once inside I saw two benches. I slowly and carefully laid Midnight on one bench while Ada sat on the other.

“This may be a one-way ride. So be prepared, Leon” Ada said. I nodded before pulling the lever on the console to head down to the NEST.

:: This train is bound for NEST. Do not exit until the final destination::

Pull the lever on the console to head down to the NEST.

“You know what I was thinking?” I asked.

“I can’t wait for the FBI to raid Umbrella headquarters and take those bastards to justice” I said.

“I agree, but to be clear, you’re not working in an official capacity. This is a federal case. Once we get the G-Virus, I’m back on my own.” Ada said. I sighed and turned around. 

“Hey, Leon… Trust me?” I heard Ada asked. 

I turned back around and walk over to her.

“You trust me?” I asked.

“Honestly… If I didn’t you’d probably be dead” Ada replied.

“Right” I said.

“Look, I thought I might need your help and I was right. If you can secure the G-Virus, I can make sure what happened in Raccoon City never happens again” Ada said.

“Ada” I called, sitting down next to her. 

“You said it yourself-it’s a federal case…” I began.

I was then cut off short.

“Leon, look at me!” Ada ordered.

“I’m a liability now. If I’m gonna finish this case, you’re the last hope I’ve got” Ada said.

“I’m not just gonna leave you and Midnight here. What if you two get attacked? What if you two need help? What if…? What if…?” I asked.

“Leon!” Ada yelled. I stopped talking.

“We’ll be fine. You don’t have to worry about us. I promise you that nothing bad will happen to us” Ada said. I looked at her.

“Leon, listen to me. Don’t do this for me. Do it for her” Ada said. 

I stared at her before looking at Midnight’s unconscious body. I stood up and walked over to Midnight. I sat down and laid her head on my lap while I stroked her beautiful hair with my fingers.

“I will do it… for her” I replied.

I smiled down at the beautiful girl sleeping in my lap. 

“You love her?” Ada asked.

“Yes” I replied with a smile. I then remember something.

“Ada? Why did she say the name Elizabeth?” I asked. Ada looked at me before looking at Midnight.

“I think she should be the one to tell you and not me” Ada replied. I frown but nodded.

:: Now arriving at NEST::

The train stopped and I looked at Ada who looked at me.

“Go… Please. We don’t have much time” she said” Ada said, taking the wristband off.

“You’re gonna need this” Ada said, throwing the wristband at me so I could catch it. I caught. I looked at it then nodded.

“Okay” I replied. 

I gently lift Midnight’s head from my lap. I kneel down to be face level with her then laid a sweet but gentle kiss on her lips. I then stood up and walked to the door.

“Loen” Ada called. I stopped.

“I’m counting on you” she said.

“I know” I replied before leaving.