Chapter 7 Monster / Ada

Elizabeth POV

Leon let go of me once the secret passage door close. I fell to the ground with tears pouring out of my eyes.

"I won't let you down, Marvin" I heard Leon said.

I really didn’t pay any attention to him. I continue crying. I heard a sigh. Just then, someone hugged me. I hugged them back.

"I'm sorry, Midnight" Leon said.

"We left him… It hurts, Leon” I said, hugging him tightly.

“It hurts so much to leave the person that took good care of me most of my life” I said.

“I know it hurts, but we need to stay strong and find a way out of here. That’s what Marvin would love for you to do” Leon said, lifting my face so I could be looking at him.

“You’re right, Leon. Thank you” I said, wiping the tears from my teary eyes.

“You're welcome” Leon said.

He then kissed me. I kissed him back. The kiss didn't last long, but it was full of love. We separated and looked at each other with a smile.

“C’mon, we need to find a way out of here” Leon said. I nodded.

Leon got up and help me to my feet. We look around the small secret room and found some gunpowder and shotgun ammo. We then head out of the secret room through the open doorway and into an elevator. Leon pressed the button and we waited quietly while the elevator lowered down.

We exit the elevator and were now in some kind of underground facility. This place gives me the creeps. I felt like something bad was going to happen.

“Leon, I don’t like this” I said while following him down the stairs.

“It’s okay, Midnight" Leon said, stopping to look at me.

"I promise that nothing bad will happen to you” Leon said.

“Could… Could you hold my hand at least?” I asked. He chuckled and took my hand on his. I looked at him with a smile. He smiled back.

We came to the middle section of the stairs and found a hall on the left. We head into the hallway. Just then, we heard something running above us. Immediately, I hug Leon’s arm tightly.

“What the…!?” Leon asked.

He then looked at me before continuing. We continued walking the hallway until we made it to some kind of machinery room. The machinery room looked old and rusty.

“What do you think that was?” I asked. I was talking about the noises that we heard a moment ago.

“I don’t know, but hopefully it’s nothing bad” Leon replied. I nodded.

We continued then made it to a catwalk. We follow the catwalk to the far end and found a bookcase blocking our way. Leon let go of my hand and shoved the bookcase out of the way. Leon walked in first, but I hesitate to go in.

‘Something doesn’t feel right’ I thought.

I walked in just as a giant monster jumped in front of me. My eyes widened twice their sizes. I was about to run, but the monster hit me, sending me flying to the ground. I hit my head really hard on the ground, making my vision to get blurry.

“Midnight!” I heard leon yelled.

I couldn't reply back, my vision was getting darker and darker. The last thing I saw was Leon running to me, but the monster grabbedd him. I then blackout for the second time.