Chapter 13 Goodbye Ada / My Backstory

Elizabeth POV

I don’t see anything but darkness. It hurt so much. I feel like a truck ran over me ten times. I feel my body burn with pain. I slowly but painfully open my eyes. Once my eyes were opened I looked around and found myself inside a small place. I let out a gasp of pain when I tried to sit up straight.

“Liz!” 

I heard a familiar voice called. I looked up. I saw Ada.

“A… Ada?” I asked before slowly sitting up.

“Ada… Where… Where’s Leon?” I asked.

“He went to get the G-Virus” Ada replied.

I felt my eyes wide.

“Oh my God! We need to go help him!” I yelled. I tried to stand up but ended only wincing in pain before sitting back down. 

“I don’t think moving for you right now is the best choice” Ada said.

“But… But Leon?” I asked.

“He’s fine. Trust me” Ada said.

“Why should I trust you?” I asked harshly.

I painfully stood up before walking to the door.

“I’m sorry” Ada said.

‘What?” I asked, looking at her.

“I’m sorry” she repeated.

“I know this won’t what happened in the past, but... hopefully, one day you could forgive me” she said. I stared at her in shock. 

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. I shut my mouth and quickly looked away. Just then, the whole place began to shake like crazy. I immediately grabbed the door.

“What?” I asked.

:: Attention Self-destruct sequence initiated. Use the Central Elevator to evacuate immediately to the bottom-level train platform:: 

“We need to leave! The whole place is going to blow up!” Ada said.

“What?!” I yelled, using the wall for support to help me stand.

Immediately with much difficulty, both Ada and I walked to the central elevator. It was really hard for both of us because we were hurt really badly. Well, I was hurt really badly while Ada only had her leg injured. Ada immediately walked to the elevator panel and used her visualizer to hack the system and open the elevator. I then saw a door to the right opened and from it came Leon.

“Leon!” I yelled.

I immediately speed walk over to him. I didn’t care about the pain in my abdomen. I only wanted to hug him and feel his strong and warm arms around my body that made me feel safe. 

“Midnight” he said, running to me then immediately hugged me. I hugged him back then grabbed his face and kiss him. He kissed me back with the same passion that I kiss him. We then stopped and looked at each other with love. I smiled. He smiled back before looking up and frown when his eyes landed on Ada. I looked at him with a question looked. I decided to not ask and just listen.

“I was just thinking about you” Leon said.

“That makes two of us. I was getting worried” Ada said, walking over to us. Leon also doing the same with me by his side.

“Y’know we make a good team, but I gotta ask you something” Leon said.

“The way’s clear. Please, tell me you got it” Ada asked.