Chapter 8 Jail

Elizabeth POV

We follow Ada through the same door that she just walked in. On the other side, she was already gone. She was nowhere in sight. 

‘Where did she go?’ I thought. 

Just then, I noticed that we entered the jail entry. Leon went inside the small office on the jail entry and found a box of handgun ammo and a map for the police station B1. He came back and this time we head toward the jail cells with our weapons ready. 

‘Let’s hope nothing pops out this time’ I thought. 

We follow the hall to the right, then walked to the left. We had to run past the center of the hall to avoid getting grabbed by one of the zombies that were locked up on the cells. Just then, at the end of the hall, we saw someone in a cell. We took a closer look and saw that he was not a zombie but a living human. 

“Hello?” the man called.

“Hey” Leon said, approaching the cell door. 

“I don’t believe it… Two real humans” the man said, getting up.

“Hello, humans” he said.

“You been here long?” Leon asked.

“Long enough. Are we the last ones alive?” he asked.

“No, no, there’s a few of us…” Leon replied.

“Oh… that’s good news, I guess. Unless, of course, Irons sent you” the man said.

“Iron…? You mean Chief Iron?” Leon asked.

“Wait, he’s still alive?” I asked.

“Who cares” the man said.

 “Hopefully, he’s somebody’s dinner by now” he added.

‘Agree’ I thought.

“What do you mean by that?” Leon asked.

“He’s the bastard that locked me in here” the man replied.

“Hey, I might hate the guy as much as you do, but I’m sure he had a good reason to lock you” I said, hands on my hips.

“He did” the man said, then exhale some smoke from his cigarette before throwing it to the ground. 

“I was about to blow the whistle on his dirty ass” he added.

“What? He annoyed the heck out of you?” I asked. He nodded.

“ I’d have done the same thing too, I guess” I said. The man chuckled.

“I knew I known you from somewhere. You're that famous troublemaker that loves to cause trouble all around the city. I knew I  recognized your face from somewhere. You're a legend all around Raccoon City" the man said.

“I will take that as a compliment” I said.

Just then, we heard a really creepy sound coming from the hallways. 

“Hey! I’ll make you a deal… Unlock this cell and I’ll give you this” the man said, showing us a parking garage key card that he wrapped around his neck. 

“There’s no other way outta that parking garage! Believe me! “ the man said.

“Sorry… I can’t do that. I have to talk to the chief first” Leon replied.

Just then, the sound became louder.  

“Look, we’re all prisoners in this station. So either we play nice and help each other out…” the man began, but was interrupted when the sound became even louder and really close.