⚜️Chapitre cinq⚜️

La fidélité est importante

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

I survived my first ever lecture after even being called out for chatting in the classroom. With a heavy yawn, I stretched my arms, cracking my back, and rubbed my nape with a groan. Who knew university was this boring and tiring?

Chuckling softly, Jungkook slung his backpack over his shoulder with his gaze fixed on me. "Since we have the same class, shall we go together?"

My eyes perked up as I turned to him, and I happily nodded. We stood up before walking out of the hall, and hastened towards the next class.

Youngsters were filling the hallways, going back and forth, right and left, some running, some dragging their feet. Most guys loitering around were blatantly checking me out, scanning me from head to toe, some whispering with their friends with disgusting smirks on their faces. It wasn't new but it wasn't pleasant either, being eyed up and down and mentally stripped by such hungry eyes.

I tried to ignore those gazes and let my mind run with millions of thoughts on how I should go with my objective, the reason I ever so willingly came to this uncomfortable place. My actions had to be perfect for someone like the boy beside me to fully commit a sin.

My life was on the line after all.

"So you never noticed me before?" I asked him, breaking the growing silence between us.

His eyebrows rose as he looked at me with wide eyes. "Oh, uh... Yeah... But it's not your fault. I don't really pay much attention to my surroundings, actually, so... yeah... it's not on you..."

Clearing my throat, I nodded. "It's just..." I looked up to the front with a sigh. "I've been looking at you for a whole year, but you never once noticed me... It feels... sad."

"Huh?" He squeaked as he stopped in his tracks and I could feel his wide eyes staring at the back of my head.

"Yeah... But it's okay... I'm learning to get rid of my feelings," I drawled sorrowfully while still walking through the crowds.

With rapid heavy thuds, Jungkook caught up to me and walked by my side, biting his bottom lip when I glanced at him.

"I'm uh, sorry... for not noticing you," he mumbled with his head down.

I snickered internally at how seriously he was taking my small confession. He was actually very adorable, a stark contrast to all the men I had met in the past.

I realized that we arrived at our class when he walked straight into a nearby classroom. Dropping my cheerful expression, I followed him inside and this time, I didn't get flustered when dozens of students stared at me. Maybe it was because someone was walking with me, or maybe it was because the room was smaller with fewer students than the previous class.

Either way, I followed Jungkook confidently to one of the empty tables and sat down beside him before fumbling with my bag to take out a notebook and something to write with.

Many minutes passed and the chatters started growing as the teacher was nowhere to be seen. I wanted to talk to Jungkook but I somehow made it a bit awkward between us by my last confession so it was quite difficult. This was my second and last class with him so I had to make a move. Any move.