⚜️Chapitre treize⚜️

La cœur a ses raisons

The heart has its reasons

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

The brisk breeze chilled my face and hands as soon as we stepped outside of the museum. The gentle sun rays were feeble against it, barely warming my body covered in goosebumps and a flimsy sleeveless dress.

I wanted to blame something else for the cold but alas, it was none other than my own fault for not checking the weather.

"Claude Monet's works are truly magnificent," Jungkook rejoiced, his excitement still evident in his sparkling eyes and curved lips. "I think out of all the movements, Impressionism might be my thing. So raw... So ephemeral... Just the beauty of a fleeting moment captured in time..."

Fleeting moment...

"Life is ephemeral in a sense," he mused, his eyes flashing myriads of emotions for a split second. "And that's the beauty of life."

His candid expression was unexpected and bitter. Such strong words.

Rubbing my cold arms, I chuckled, "Wow, Shakespeare, all that after only seeing a few paintings?" I nudged him playfully. "You're gonna make all the poets jobless."

He swiftly shrugged off his bomber jacket and put it on my shoulders, wrapping me in his warmth. "I wouldn't be so sure... I'm not that good with words. I prefer to talk through my body language."

He was right in a way... Still, I didn't like how he just discredited himself so easily like that, like he always did whenever I complimented him.

A muffled buzz sounded somewhere in his jeans pockets and he took out his phone from the right one before staring at the screen for a moment and then tucking it back in. His face had fallen drastically when he did that.

Before I could ask if he was okay, his eyes suddenly lit up and he turned to me with a small smile. "Wanna play with water guns?"

•───────────⋅⚜️⋅───────────•

Jungkook fell to the ground, clutching his stomach and roaring with laughter. I had never heard him laugh that comically, never rolling on the floor, wheezing like that.

I couldn't decide whether he was happy or dying.

"What- are you- wearing?" He managed to ask through his fits of laughter before falling on his side.

"Well, since it's an unfair battle with you as my enemy, I'm wearing protective gear. Don't judge me," I stated calmly despite being clad in a colorful diving suit, one I had Gluttony make me at last minute, and holding a mask ready for the game.

"I'm going crazy, gosh!" He squealed, cackling and rolling on the floor with his eyes clenched shut and bunny grin on full display.

After minutes of laughing at my over-preparedness, he finally stood up and grabbed his water gun that grew double its size in his muscular arms. I assured myself that I had waterproof clothing and that he only had white shirt, so I was undoubtedly going to win.

Yet, soon I was somehow drenched on the ground with my knees throbbing in pain while he was cheering in victory with only his hair dampened. I underestimated his damned long legs that had him easily evading my shooting and his unrivaled years of experience of playing computer games.