⚜️Chapitre onze⚜️

L'habit ne fait pas le moine

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

"I can't- You? A chipmunk? And his girlfriend a whale?"

I continued to stare at Envy, deadpanned, as the seaweed headed prick rumbled with deep and loud laughter, mouth stretched so wide in the shape of a rectangle, amazingly. I waited him to stop for over two minutes, but he didn't, tears welling up as he wheezed, hunching over. He must be so bored if he found that hilarious.

Soon heeding him no attention, I spooned my cup of vanilla heaven, mumbling, "Choke on that ice cream, hun," before noshing it.

"Ah! You-" He kept wheezing, and I gasped out loud when his appearance suddenly shifted, taking my form. "I'm a baby chipmunk, munch munch." Curling his hands in tiny fists, he gnawed at his imaginary nut.

I frantically looked around the nearly empty cafe and leaned closer to him to whisper yell, "Are you crazy?! Don't do that in public!"

His appearance shifted again, but this time, I froze upon seeing him.

"You seem tense," he chuckled, the sound eerily similar to Jungkook's, as the same doe eyes narrowed in amusement, intently watching me, and the same pouty lips curled in mischief. "Perhaps the probabilities aren't exactly zero... are they, Sook?"

My lips fell into a flat line at his ridiculous attempt to draw a reaction from me. "You and the others are bullies, you know that? Just so you know, I can feel hurt far worse than before now that I have human qualities, you big bully."

Changing back to his own form, round eyes narrowing into hypnotic feline ones, nose slimming, cheeks hollowing, lips widening to symmetrical proportions, hair growing longer to cascade over his thick eyebrows, his expression softened as he gazed at me with a lazy smile. "We're just teasing you, Eunsook. You know how much we care about our foster sister."

"Shut up, fake brother."

Breaking into laughter, he was ruffling my hair, receiving groans from me when another Sin approached our table with a soft smile.

"Having fun smearing each other with ice cream?" Greed asked, pointing at my face.

Bewildered, I combed my hair and touched my face only to squeak in surprise. The cackling seaweed had somehow managed to smear his strawberry ice cream on my cheek.

What surprised me more was that he changed into Jia and leaned in to taunt me, snorting, "Do I annoy you more now?"

"You look so punchable right now, you can't believe how much my fingers are just itching to scratch you," I gritted through my teeth with a fake smile.

Before I could wipe the smirk off his face with sandpaper, the blonde man snatched his hand and bolted off together, yelling, "See you tomorrow, Eunsook!"

"Kids," I sighed, walking out of the cafe, but I couldn't shake off the grin I was wearing since they left. Sure, they were deadly sins as many labeled, but they were too childish for their own good sometimes.