⚜️Chapitre trente⚜️

Rêve toujours

Still dreaming

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

Stirring slowly, I snuggled to the covers and sluggishly opened my eyes to the bright lights seeping into the room through the curtains. I had slept like a bear through winter and felt so well rested.

When I turned a little to close my eyes for a few more minutes, I froze when I came face to face with Jungkook.

Quickly covering my mouth, I screamed internally and widened my eyes, fully awake and aware of my body nearly touching his, my legs caught between his heavy ones, his arm resting over my waist protectively and the other under my head as a cushion.

My heart was pounding in my ears when my gaze wandered his features. He looked as pure as the first snowflake and as ethereal as cherry blossom. His mouth was slightly agape, making his lips look plumper along with his little pout. His round cheeks were squished and his eyes adorned with long pretty lashes made him look so endearing. So fluffy and soft like his tousled hair.

I didn't realize that I was smiling until my cheeks started hurting.

It felt so nice to lay like that beside him. As if everything was fine, as if I was safe and content... I wanted to stay like that and let my heart feel at ease.

That moment of 'creepiness' of me staring at him ended when I unconsciously brought my hand up to brush his bangs and he stirred awake, locking our eyes.

"Oh I- Hi," I stammered, quickly retracting my hand and accidentally hitting my chest.

"Hey," he drawled in a deep, groggy voice and yawned with a hand over his mouth. "It's morning?"

"Yeah..." I turned to the window and a thought hit me. "How did we...?"

"You fell asleep yesterday after crying so much, so I let you sleep here," he explained sluggishly, still sleepy, and rubbed his eyes. "Your eyes look puffy."

When I sat up and touched my eyes, they felt mushy and warm, and I felt embarrassed. "Sorry for bothering you."

"It's fine. As long as you feel okay." He ruffled his hair and rolled off the bed before stretching. "Pancakes or rice?"

I tamed my hair with my fingers and smiled at his bed head. "Whichever is easy for you."

He nodded and rubbed his eyes before turning around. After two steps, he suddenly tripped over his feet and crashed into his chair while I burst into laughter.

"Are you still dreaming?"

"Yes," he exclaimed, collecting himself and grinning at me. "And you're dreaming, too, okay? This didn't happen. I'm actually really cool."

"Sure, sure," I chuckled, getting off the bed and fixing the clothes I wore to the wedding. "I'll be back after changing. Don't break anything."