⚜️Chapitre dix-sept⚜️

Le bonheur vous convient

Happiness suits you

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

With hastened steps and a huge grin, I headed to Jungkook's dorm and threw the door open, unaware of another person sitting on his bed with him.

"Hi Jung- Oh, sorry for interrupting..."

I quickly curbed my tongue as the wide eyes of an elderly man in his forties, the terribly familiar doe eyes of the spitting image of Jungkook fell on me.

His father, perhaps?

The man smiled warmly and shook his hand at me. "No no it's fine. I'm Jungkook's father. Are you his girlfriend?"

The sudden question, though harmless, had my nerves running rampant in a split second. Did I look like someone who would be his son's girlfriend? Had he never met Jia?

"No, I'm- his friend," I squeaked out involuntarily before clearing my throat. It was confusing why I was so flustered before the man. "I, uh, just wanted to show Kook- Jungkook my finished artwork."

Lifting the canvas in my hand, I finally glanced at the said boy who was sitting on his desk, facing his father. His expression was more stoic than what I was used to. Somehow detached. His blank eyes weren't focusing on one thing for long, darting to the floor instead as if he was drawing a pattern on it with his gaze.

"Oh, then, come on in," Jungkook's father chimed, breaking my trance, and I realized I hadn't taken a step inside.

"Don't let me stop you." He gestured towards his son who gave me a curious look.

Forcing a smile at the man, I took wobbly steps towards Jungkook and turned my canvas to show him the Gluttony painting I had finished just recently. The moment his eyes zeroed in on the painting, my heart picked up its pace and pumped scorching blood to every inch of my body like a feverish human organ. His thoughts on my work and just a simple nod of approval seemed somehow vital for me after I was done with the painting.

Jungkook smiled after a moment of inspection and the sun shone in my heart, melting the worries it was overflowing with.

"Amazing," he admitted, looking up at me and his eyes formed the beautiful crescents I liked seeing.

"Wow, you're really talented, young lady," a voice exclaimed, and I turned to the old man marveling at my work with a surprised expression, scratching the edges of the canvas. He was complimenting me, too?

"Oh, it's not... well..."

"Are you improving your skills to at least paint like her Jungkook? Let's see yours."

My eyes widened. I asked myself if I heard it right. But from the disapproving look he was giving Jungkook, it was apparent that I indeed heard correctly.

"Mine's not finished yet so I can't show you," Jungkook whispered and faced the floor again, scratching his nails.

My brow twitched. From what I knew, he actually finished it way before me.

"Well," the old man sighed with his lips curled into what seemed like disappointment, "I hope you're using your time wisely and improving yourself like you're supposed to. With a skill like yours, you won't be sought out by any company. Trash. Embarrassing."