⚜️Chapitre vingt-neuf⚜️

Rien ne sert de courir il faut partir à point

There's no sense in running; you just have to leave on time

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

{Son passé}

Ever since sixth grade, my eyes had always been glued to one boy in my class. As had all the girls'.

Popular was an understatement.

There was a certain inexplicable charm about him that made him dreamy like a fairytale come true. A handsome prince on a white horse coming for his princess. He serenaded and captivated every girl he met, and with just a long gaze with his deep dark eyes, girls irrevocably fell in his presence.

I was no different.

Over the years, I couldn't look away from those black eyes that stirred something in my heart, high nose that made him look so mature and reliable, full lips that gave off an endearing feeling, and the unique mole under his right eyebrow. Whenever he approached me, my mind went into panic mode and that happened so often. I couldn't help it. I was so fascinated with him and often found myself daydreaming about marrying him.

My friends always asked me if he confessed to me and would go on an on about him searching for me wherever he went and talking to his friends about how cute I was. I would blush and dismiss them, but in truth, I couldn't believe their words since he never showed me more interest than he did with other girls.

Their words and his small talks with me gave me a hope but it never amounted to anything for many years. My love for him was painful.

"I'm so sure he loves you!" One of my friends whispered before squealing as we walked past Beomseok to leave the classroom and head home. "His eyes lingered on you, whoop!"

I pursed my lips, holding in my frustration to not burst out. "If you're so confident in his feelings for me, why isn't he confessing then?"

"Just give him some time, Eunsook. I'm sure he's prepping himself as we speak!"

I shook my head, not believing that for the first time. Beomseok was flirting with another girl when I glanced back at him, but my foolish self tried to convince myself that he was just being friendly with her. I couldn't approach him since he was too friendly with all the girls.

And I was too shy. I could barely make eye contact with a stranger and exchange a few words without me stuttering.

Even to my own parents, I was always nervous when telling them about my day after school.

Approaching a guy and confessing? I'd rather die in a fire.

"I don't know... I've been waiting for him for years... How much more am I supposed to wait if he's really what you say he is?"

It was pathetic. I could only sit and wait for him. I was too enamored by him that I couldn't look at other boys.

Then, in the last year of our high school, the impossible happened.

My classmates led me to an empty classroom after school and I stood speechless at the doorway, looking at all the decorations. Everyone was all smiles and I told them it wasn't my birthday.

"It's not," Beomseok said, entering the classroom and grinning so gleefully at me, and pulled out a bouquet of roses. "It's me asking, pleading you to be my girlfriend, Eunsook. I love you."