Chapter 16

Morning came a little fast for the Shah Family. Everyone woke up and perform their Fajr prayer. After the prayer, only Hana, her mother, and her tayis remained awake and were working in the kitchen. The maids and other workers were given the day off because of Eid. Hana went downstairs and helped her aunts and mother in making breakfast and some sweets for Eid.

Went it was almost the time for everyone to wake up, hana was told to wake everyone for their Eid prayer. She went to all of their rooms and knocked on door to wake them up. After waking up, all of the people got ready in their new clothes. Hana was still helping in the kitchen. She was in her casual clothes and her hijab safely tucked with pins. Hana was making trifle like she made on every previous Eid. Hana really liked to cook new things. She was a food lover so she always tried new things.

Suddenly, hana remembered something.

"Mamma! Meray studs ban gaye thay or kal hum un ki shop pr b rukay thay jewelry k liye tou unho nay mjhay studs bhi pakra diye!" Hana said softly to her mother.

"Oh ye tou acha ho gaya! Pehnay hain phir?" Hiba asked her daughter.

"Jee mamma! Menay abhi pehnay Namaz k baad!" Hana replied with a soft smile.

"Acha dikhao zara!" Hana's second tayi said while both of her tayis came towards her. Hana showed her ear to all of them and they praised her that the studs looked very good on her and they were very beautiful also. Hana shyly smiled at that.

"Thank you!" She said to her tayis with a shy smile. They again went back to their works and chatted softly with each other from time to time. Hana was also included in their talks. Hana was never shunned by her Tayis or Tayas. They just tried to avoid her in front of hana's dado. Only her cousins and Dado showed extreme dislike towards hana. All the other relatives just avoided hana as if she was not even here but they never abused her like her cousins or dado.

Hana was not only hurt because of her cousins and dado's abuse but also because of being ignored by her other relatives. This ignorance is the only reason that she is so isolated and likes to remain alone.

Her aunts and mother went to their rooms to get ready in their new clothes after they were done making the breakfast. Only hana remained in the kitchen as she was still not done with the trifle.

After all of the males came back from the Mosque, they greeted everyone with hugs and 'Eid Mubarak'. Hana also went out in the dining room and she greeted everyone with 'Eid Mubarak'.

"Oye! Tm abhi tak tyaar nhi hui?" Zayn asked his sister after looking at her outfit.

"Main kitchen me busy thi!" Hana replied in a soft voice.

"Acha chalo phir ab tyaar ho jao!" Zayn said while pushing her towards the stairs.

"Abhi nhi! Mera kaam khatam nhi hua kitchen main abhi!" Hana protested and got herself free from Zayn's gentle but strong grip.

"Chalo ab usay chhoro or nashta kr lo sab!" Hiba said to Zayn and ordered everyone to take their seats. Everyone nodded and took their seats. Hana, her mother and her tayis went back in kitchen and they took food from the kitchen and placed it on table.

Everyone started their breakfast and the girls started to ask for Eidi from the males and their Dadi jaan. Dadi jaan gave Eidi to all of her grandchildren and her daughter-in-law. Hana was also given Eidi by her Dado. Hana shyly accepted the money and put it in her jeans pocket. She got Eidi from both of her Tayas and her father too.

After breakfast, Rayaan and Zamid gave Eidi to all the girls. Zamid gave Eidi to hana too but Rayaan did not. This made her a little sad but she faked a smile for others.