Chapter 46

It was morning and hana was coming downstairs for breakfast before going to university. She was all ready in her black hijab and black abaya with her bag on her shoulders. Her mobile was in her hands. Just as she stepped down from the last steps, she looked to her right at the dining table, where she saw her brothers, Rayaan and Daniyal eating while her mother was in the kitchen making something. The atmosphere was very serious and tense so she decided to get out of there before anyone stops her.

But alas! She is not that lucky as her mother saw her when she was tiptoeing towards the main gate.

"Hana! Kidher? (Where?)" her mother asked with both of her eyebrows raised.

"University!" She replied back meekly as everyone had looked up and were now staring at her.

"Nashta karo pehlay! (Have some breakfast, first!)" Hiba ordered to her daughter and motioned towards the dining table with her hand.

"Okay!" She looked down at her joggers and said softly. She was going towards the other end of the table but was stopped by Rayaan.

"Idher aa kr betho! (Come and sit here!)" He ordered in his deep voice. Hana was surprised at this as he does not really talks to her much but she was even more surprised because after last night, she thought she would have to prove herself innocent before anyone believes her. But, their behavior was not hostile at all.

She made her way towards the seats that were closer to them but she had to either sit with daniyal or with Zamid. She was not comfortable with sitting with either of them but she had to sit so she took the seat beside Zamid. It was not surprising at all.

Zamid passed her the jar of jam and some slices of bread, silently. Hana hesitantly took them and started to spread the jam with slightly shaking hands. Rayaan decided to speak at that moment.

"Hana, listen! Last night, the doctors told us that the injection you were giving to dadi jaan was of Insulin and her sugar level was extremely high that's why she fainted! She was in really critical condition but due to that injection, she was good for some more minutes that we needed to take her to hospital. She is fine now, Alhumdullillah, but will have to stay there for today! We can bring her back tomorrow, In Sha Allah!" he started after clearing his throat. At this information, she whispered "Alhumdullillah" under her breath. Zamid was ashamed of his accusation of last night so he looked down at his plate without saying anything.

"there are somethings that I want to ask you, though!" he begin. Hana just nodded and looked at him in the eyes.

"Why was dadi jaan's sugar level so high? Do you know what happened? Like, if she ate something?" he asked with confusion. Due to his intense stare, she blushed a little and looked down at her food.

"Yes! She asked me to bring her something sweet! I told her not to eat but she scolded me and so I had to bring it for her! Within ten to fifteen minutes, she started to shake and lost consciousness! I hurriedly went to her drawer to pick her medicine and she fell sown from the bed. I was scared that she will bite her tongue so I put my one hand between her teeth. She bit my hand instead of her tongue so I filled the injection with insulin and injected it! But at that time, bhai came and he assumed that I was trying to harm Dado! But I was not! I promise!" She explained but then ended her statement with teary eyes and pleading looks on her face.

"I believe you so you do not have to beg or prove anything! I just want to tell you that you were amazing and you did the right thing! You can trust me with anything! Even if no one is standing beside you, I will always be there for you! Last night, Zayn told us about Hanan and that you love him! I just want to tell you, as a brother, that it is not right to be frank or to talk to males even if you love him! You should have told aunty and uncle first! It's not like they would have denied you! And if this hanan is really a good person then he should have asked for your hand in marriage instead to talking to you secretly!" Rayaan explained to her and talked about hanan with seriousness! All his softness was gone when he started to talk about hanan and hana looked at him with shock clearly visible on her face! She looked at everyone and saw that only Zayn was as shocked as she was while the others were looking at her and waiting for her reply or justification of some sort!