Monkeys

*you'll see.*

(A/N credit to my friend Ra-Ra/Pegasus for the idea for this. I know you're reading this Ra-Ra/Pegasus so hi!)

Holly POV

I'm dead.

I'll tell you the flashback from the beginning. It might shock you, like it did me.

**three years earlier**

At the time, I was nine years old. Percy, Mom, Grover and I were in San Francisco for spring break, and at the zoo. By this point, Percy and I had known we were demigods for almost a year.

I saw a boy about my age, slightly older maybe, walk by. Grover's eyes widened but he said nothing.

I raised an eyebrow. "What was that?"

He shook his head. "Probably just imagining things." I shrugged.

We passed the boy again and Grover discreetly sniffed him. Percy snickered and I elbowed him hard. While he yelled in pain, I walked over to Grover.

"Do you think he's a demigod?" I whispered.

Grover sighed. "I know he is. His scent is way too strong."

"But isn't he only about 9 or 10?" I questioned.

Grover nodded. "Yes. I don't understand it, but it can't get any stronger right now. It's too strong as it is."

"So don't say anything?" He gave me a thumbs-up.

After a while, we passed the boy for a third time. I was going to ask Grover who he thought his godly parent was, but he was gone. I was confused, but Mom and Percy didn't seem to notice, so I didn't say anything.

Thirty minutes later, I found Grover again, wearing a zoo worker's uniform.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"You'll see," he said simply.

I shrugged and didn't think much of it until the elephants.

The boy dropped something over the edge, but instead of making a big deal out of it, he sighed, still looking dejected, and started to walk away with his dad. Grover, being an idiot, ran over to them. "Did you drop a book over the edge?"

The boy nodded, looking upset. "Yeah."

"What's your name, kid?" Grover asked him gently.

"Pippin," he said. "Pippin Ashman."

"Here, Holly will get it for you." He gave me a pointed look.

I realized that this was why he was wearing the uniform. I still want to kill him.

Pippin's dad's eyes widened. "Is that legal?"

"Of course it's legal," Grover said. "All she has to do is get the book, right?"

I climbed over the railing and looked down into the pit below. I shut my eyes, not wanting to think about my fear of heights. Before I did, I saw a small pool of water. If only I could bend the Mist so I could use my powers...

I opened my eyes and scooted along on the edge, slowly getting closer to the water. Unfortunately, the elephant saw me and didn't like it.

He gave this elephant roar or something and charged at me. I wanted to bolt, but I stayed inside the elephant exhibit.

Lots of people were watching by this point. I had dodged the elephant and managed to get right above the pool of water. Taking a deep breath and bracing myself, I jumped in.

It wasn't as deep as I thought. I had a bruised butt, but I ignored it. I sprinted across and grabbed the book.

As everyone cheered, I looked at Percy. "Catch!" I threw the book at his thick skull. He caught it, fumbling with the pages a bit.

"How are you getting back up?" I looked at the elephant.

"Oh no. Holly, you are NOT-" I was already climbing up its leg.

The rock wall at camp really helped with this. I rode the elephant back to the people, where I slid off easily. Everyone looked at me as if I were nuts, although I probably was.

"So," I said, somewhat breathlessly. "Anyone want a free elephant ride?"

**end of flashback**

After Pippin remembered the story, we wondered why it couldn't have been monkeys instead of elephants. Then Lily came in and we acted like monkeys for the rest of the day. The end.